Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Ferrari engine video, sand casting, machining plus more..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
The Ferrari factory was featured on Discovery Channel the other night. It was amazing. They had an atrium in in the area where they build the engines to help maintain the correct level of humidity. wacko.gif
michel richard
nice
Matt Romanowski
Did anyone else notice that the first pistons that appears at about 3:48 is different than the rest?
GWN7
I didn't till you mentioned the difference in the pistons.......nice vid
shaggy
612 scagliette

Click to view attachment

if anyones interested
drew365
Bitchin. I wish they'd sand cast me some new power window motors which are currently unobtainium. The music is very fitting.
Mueller
QUOTE(drew365 @ Nov 16 2006, 08:46 PM) *

Bitchin. I wish they'd sand cast me some new power window motors which are currently unobtainium. The music is very fitting.

got pictures?? smile.gif welder.gif smash.gif

I wonder what they used to freeze the valve seats before installing them?.....
Van914
On the Show the used robots to put the valve seats into liquid nitrogen then the robot fit them into the head. This was a great show!
van914
Sammy
Sorry about the hijack, but how about that guy that made a miniature ferrari race car, and every single part worked. The engine, the brakes, the transmission, all functioned perfecxtly but the car was only about 3 feet long.

I'll have to dig that one up again.
Sammy
The links to to video are dead, but here's the thread with some pictures. Every part on the car, engine, tires, everything he made by hand. Even the tach and speedo worked.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....mp;pagenumber=1

Sammy
Just to put it in perspective,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.