Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal, this Sunday 11/19
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
This Sunday only, we will be communing with our sister facility, Lockwood Valley Chapel.

A more rigorous run of some 150 miles including Frazier Park, Mt Pinos, and the SoCal Nurburgring. Starting point not yet determined as it will depend location of participants. Starting time 9:14am (duh). Post here if you wanna play.

So far.
Dekman (Ojai)
Howard (Westlake)
Z (Santa Barb) possible

TonyAKAVW
Since I'm going for the Ortega drive on Saturday I'll have to get permission, but I'm a tentative.

-Tony
drew365
Are you starting out from Coffee Grinders? Is this the weekend for the big turnout there? My brother-in-law will be staying with us from N.Carolina. Sounds like a good excuse to scare the crap out of him.
Howard
QUOTE(drew365 @ Nov 16 2006, 06:29 PM) *

Are you starting out from Coffee Grinders? Is this the weekend for the big turnout there? My brother-in-law will be staying with us from N.Carolina. Sounds like a good excuse to scare the crap out of him.

No, last weekend of the month is usually the biggie. Depending on who is in, we'll either start from Gorman or Fillmore.

Here's the general idea.
One direction or de udder.

Crazyhippy
I'm not going to be able to go, but Kim says she would if someone good looking was willing to drive (sorry howard).

Muahahaha
BJH
dekman
Sorry about the "map".....but this is the "California Ring". It has every type of curve, bank, turn, straitaways and beautiful scenery! Join us if you dare! driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Carlitos Way
No can do. Still on jackstands... (and paintball this Sunday).
Mike D.
I'll go...
meeting at Flying J?

BMXerror
I would SOOO love to.... anyone have a tranny I could borrow? smile.gif
Mark D.
Crazyhippy
Hollywood isn't too far... you like blondes or brunettes??
Mike D.
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Nov 17 2006, 02:16 PM) *

I would SOOO love to.... anyone have a tranny I could borrow? smile.gif
Mark D.

yeah, how's this one?

happy11.gif av-943.gif chairfall.gif
drew365
"No, you can't go on one of your little car trips when we have company."
"No, you can't take the company on one of your little car trips."
"Don't you have something you should be doing around here?"
"Yes, dear." biggrin.gif
Howard
QUOTE(drew365 @ Nov 17 2006, 09:01 PM) *

"No, you can't go on one of your little car trips when we have company."
"No, you can't take the company on one of your little car trips."
"Don't you have something you should be doing around here?"
"Yes, dear." biggrin.gif

You married my wife's sister???

Hey Mike D.. leaning towards an Ojai start so we can do the whole loop. Will post later.
dekman
Howard asked me to post this: Start at ~9:14 am at Starbucks w00t2.gif (next to Riteaid) in Oak View(11484 N. Ventura Ave). You turn off the 101 on Hwy 33 to Ojai. Stay on the "33" all the way up to Ojai. Oak View is a small town you drive thru on the way up to Ojai. Anyone welcome to come! This is a serious drive....NO WIMPS or WINNERS! (just kidding). Howard will lead (unless he's driving too slow). Potential "lunch" at the "Deer Lodge" at the end of run! Any questions call me(cell#805-320-0123). biggrin.gif
Heywood
Im gonna try and make it.

I should be able to keep up alittle better with the new car.

Sean
dekman
[quote name='Howard' date='Nov 16 2006, 05:14 PM' post='817877']
This Sunday only, we will be communing with our sister facility, Lockwood Valley Chapel.

A more rigorous run of some 150 miles including Frazier Park, Mt Pinos, and the SoCal Nurburgring. Starting point Starbucks(Oak view). Starting time 9:14am (duh). Post here if you wanna play.

So far.
Dekman (Ojai)
Howard (Westlake)
Z (Santa Barb) possible
Mike D
Heywood
dekman
Weather is beautiful...coffee is hot......see you at Starbucks! driving.gif
Crazyhippy
driving.gif

Crazyhippy
Had Heywood in the red -4 on Kumho 710's around BBS wheels, Mike D. in the narrow bodied orange -6, Dekman in the fat ass orange -6 (w/ the flame thrower option), howard in the whine mobile, and me in the narrow yellow -4

Mike D and I came back down the 5, while the other 3 amigos continued on...

Might be time to replace the glass in that mirror.... confused24.gif chair.gif

BJH
TonyAKAVW
So how was the drive? I'm dissapointed I didn't go. Traffic? Cops?

-Tony
type47fan
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Nov 19 2006, 01:43 PM) *

BJH

. . . .you could start by washing it. . . .

Beautiful day for a drive!
Howard
Mike D got a ticket before joining us. Something about a front license plate happy11.gif

While we were stopped for a beverage in BFE, a PCA group came by with at least 50 cars. BJ corded a tire (damn that thing is fast), he and Mike left, we kept going and bumped into the Ferrari chat guys at the end of the Nurburgring. Dekman, fresh from his victory over a pretty well driven M3, kept up with them and never exceeded the (German) speed limit. Heywood and I just cruised.

That's a great running 2.0 and he can drive. No trouble keeping up with the group.
175 miles of great roads with really no traffic. Average moving speed 54.7mph (GPS). I need a nap.

Heywood
rocking nana.gif
Awesome drive!

Look foward to doing it again.

Sean
Mike D.
Had a great time, sorry I missed out what seemed to be the best half of the run.

Oh, and the ticket was for 75 in a 65, no front plate, and no windshild wipers. headbang.gif at least two are "Fix It"...

With Howie in lead there was plenty of opportunities for picture taking happy11.gif

enjoy..
Mike D.
small but fun group, and damn the turbo subie is quick..
Howard
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Nov 20 2006, 11:09 AM) *

With Howie in lead there was plenty of opportunities for picture taking happy11.gif

enjoy..

Was just trying to keep those little orange dots in my rear view mirror smile.gif
TonyAKAVW
I'm thinking of doing this drive this weekend.... Anyone else interested?

-Tony
KaptKaos
I am. Will they be doing the VCR thing Sunday?

Let me know.
TonyAKAVW
Hmm. Mulholland might be fun this weekend, probably a ton of nice cars up there. Then again this other drive seems like more actual driving time. hmmm..

-Tony
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(type47fan @ Nov 19 2006, 04:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Nov 19 2006, 01:43 PM) *

BJH

. . . .you could start by washing it. . . .

Beautiful day for a drive!

It's clean, the spot are on the other side of the glass... razor blade cant touch them...
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Nov 21 2006, 01:44 PM) *

Hmm. Mulholland might be fun this weekend, probably a ton of nice cars up there. Then again this other drive seems like more actual driving time. hmmm..

-Tony

This run is ALOT more driving time, and alot fewer idiots.(present company excluded of course)

BJH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.