Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Qarl......your not the only one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
11-16-2006, in Memphis, Tennessee:

Quote:
About 20 minutes ago, we had a 2005 Jaguar XJ8 (about $70,000) fall off a lift. Tech (not ME, btw) was lowering the car after finishing a service and the lift leg slipped out from underneath. I was standing in front of the car, I never ran so fast in my life!

Quote:
That's exactly what happened. These lifts are older than I am, when he started to lower the lift, the right side dropped a few inches before the left side moved and the pad popped out from under the car. I watched the car teater for about a second before it came down. The owner of the dealership has already called the customer, kinda laughed about it, actually. Wouldn't you if you were getting a new car, free?

snflupigus
its impossible to get anyone to service those old lifts. we had them at our old shop and nobody would service them so we had to put in the 2post lifts which are relatively cheap at around 2k.
messix
one of the gm dealers that my dad worked at had about three cars [2 new corvettes and a new truck] fall off the lifts in one year. two fell over night. and one while tech was working on it, he got out of the way.
new lifts were installed during the next year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.