Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: building an engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
geniusanthony
okay, currently have a W case, w/ 66 mm crank and worn/dished 93 P&C's.
induction is 40 IDF ignition is 009 and bosch Blue.

Now that's out of the way, I want to build a budget type 4, I know this 100%, so no Subie or SBC will be going in. Eventually I'd like a BIG Raby Motor but for now I want a little 4 with some guts.

Seeing that I am on a budget, would 96's at ~9:1 cam and some time spent learning how to tune it make for a happy motor, something at least comprobale to a 2 liter car??? what else could I do in keeping with the budget theme? oh, have 1.7 HE's presently with a bursch in the mail...

Please weigh in with your experiences and advice. dont wanna stroke it just a little cause when I do it will be like i said a 2270+
So.Cal.914
I've seen some good deals on a 2.0 crank and rods here that,a cam and the 96's

will make a nice running engine, even without the crank it will run better than

what you have now.
914werke
Do a search on 1911 popcorn[1].gif
geniusanthony
I Have heard of 1911's, thats the direction I am heading, I'd kind of like some info from those that have had or run this engine, things I may not be thinking of. will I be so much down from a 2056 cause as I said when I stroke it I want to do it big and not just a little to do it again in 6-12 months
Mueller
QUOTE(geniusanthony @ Nov 17 2006, 08:22 AM) *

okay, currently have a W case, w/ 66 mm crank and worn/dished 93 P&C's.
induction is 40 IDF ignition is 009 and bosch Blue.

Now that's out of the way, I want to build a budget type 4, I know this 100%, so no Subie or SBC will be going in. Eventually I'd like a BIG Raby Motor but for now I want a little 4 with some guts.

Seeing that I am on a budget, would 96's at ~9:1 cam and some time spent learning how to tune it make for a happy motor, something at least comprobale to a 2 liter car??? what else could I do in keeping with the budget theme? oh, have 1.7 HE's presently with a bursch in the mail...

Please weigh in with your experiences and advice. dont wanna stroke it just a little cause when I do it will be like i said a 2270+

have you listened to Jakes radio show from a few weeks ago...he discusses how to build a budget 125ish HP motor...
maf914
Go visit http://www.shoptalkforums.com/

Go to the Type 4 forum and ask about your combo. Someone will give you a discription of the basics. Lots of smart T4 guys post there. Even some from the 914 Club. aktion035.gif
geniusanthony
I do listen to the radio show alot and have listened in and relistened but I would those of you with 1911's to weigh in and give me your feedback. thanks for the link I will check it out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.