Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know about these rear fenders flares?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrdezyne
Somewhere at sometime I saved these pics of an interesting rear fender. I was just wondering if anyone here knows more about these and if there are other photos available. I think they are all metal and IMHO look pretty good...
Aaron Cox
not my taste but neat idea....

looks like it was cut and sectioned in....
mrdezyne
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 17 2006, 08:58 AM) *

not my taste but neat idea....

Well, from what I see it look interesting but until I can get a side shot to see the whole fender on the car, I can't really decide if its my taste or not. I do like the idea. I've seen this on lots of Can-Am type cars and wondered if it would actually have a function on a 914....
mrdezyne
It is most definitely sectioned.

Blends in nicely in the front...
maf914
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Nov 17 2006, 09:04 AM) *

I've seen this on lots of Can-Am type cars and wondered if it would actually have a function on a 914....

Racing cars use open fenders like that to relieve the air pressure that builds up in the wheel well. Porsche did it with various 935's in the 70's and 80's. There is probably going to be a good bit of gravel and dirt kicked up by the tire so some screening or baffling may be necessary to protect the paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.