Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aluminum intermediate plate for 901
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
stownsen914
I am curious to get people's input on success (or lack thereof) with aluminum intermediate plates in 901 boxes. To what extent does really keep the trans together and prevent failures? Thanks.
Brad Roberts
It doesnt. I'm of the belief: it is "bling"

I have been into a LOT of tranny's. Not one time have I seen a bearing falling out of the intermediate plate.

I honestly beleive they serve no purpose. There might be "worn" intermediate plates out there.. but I have'nt seen one. I also have never seen a tranny failure do to a worn intermediate plate. 90% of the 901 failures are pinion related.

Welcome to the club!

welcome.png

B
914forme
I think most 901 failures are that they where run dry at some point in time. They are pretty beefy trannies until you abuse them, spend the $$$ else where on the rebuild. Trust me its easy to spend the $$$ else where the car it will help you every chance it gets.

And yes welcome to the club.

Lot of people will suggest you search the club for the question, don't worry about it, we are pretty forgiving. Heck half the time I can get these guys to do my google searches for me also. biggrin.gif

You being on the Eastern coast of the US look for Dr. Evil he is a tranny rebuilder transplant for the west coast. Dr. by trade, 914 surgeon by desire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.