Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: apartment people, where do you work on your car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
I moved to downtown San Diego about two years ago, and only have underground parking in the building. So, I've kept this crappy old small garage for rent in Pacific Beach ($150/mo) where I keep my tools and all my "garage stuff".

I'm thinking about starting another big project, so this garage is too small. It's really only good for day projects (adjust valves, etc). So, I'm thinking about something like this:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/prk/235383796.html

Anyone else have a creative solution? Hangars are too expensive around here... Anyone want to share a bigger space like this near (or in) downtown San Diego?

-Steve
Gint
Moving from the Classifieds to the Garage.
siverson
Ooops, thanks.

-Steve
SirAndy
QUOTE(siverson @ Nov 17 2006, 05:20 PM) *

where do you work on your car?

at McMark's place in napa ... biggrin.gif

until he gives me the boot
alfred.gif Andy
cbenitah
Living downtown I sure would like somewhere I can start toying with it, then the price is the same as a smaller studio.. I've seen an empty storage garage (huge) here in little italy where bums used to sleep that looks really good, probably the same $$ though. But with enough people maybe (for your idea)?
DonTraver
I don't have extra garage space, I'm renting one too for my RS America, but I can offer weekend work space. I've got plenty of tools, including lathe, mill, sand blaster, head porting tools, and my own valve and seat grinder. Just offered Brer space to put his engine back together when he gets all the parts back.

Later, Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.