Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: early door
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
abearauto
has anyone converted a early door to late model window regulator, or is it better to just swap complete doors? have a set on an early 6 that are perfect but would like to use the better window regulators from the newer style, and keep the door light, have a set of late model doors that are perfect also, just need to know before cutting something wrong, any ideas would be great thanks steve. unsure.gif
john rogers
On my 1973 race car I had to replace a door a couple of years ago and I got a 1970 door and the window mechanism would not bolt in due to all the holes being way off. I ended cutting the inner panel with all the mounting points off both doors and adding the later part to the '70 door. It was a pain but I wanted to keep the windows. Now I have f/g doors so I don't care.
abearauto
i had both doors side by side and the only differance is the extra sheet metal around the idle track and drilling extra holes of the new regulator, looks not to hard , but is it worth the pain, or just bolt up the later doors and live with the extra weight. would this devalue the car at all?
davep
If you want to keep the weight down, try to find an early 73 door, late style, no beam.
michelko
Hi there,
look here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...6748&st=560

Did the door conversion lately. No major problem and the rattling noise from that oldstyle regulator assambly is gone!

smilie_flagge6.gif
abearauto
welder.gif thanks for the photos will do a test door, to make sure looks pretty straight forward thanks steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.