Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: headers headers headers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
We need a classic thread that shows all the header/muffler options on the market today....

PLEASE

Rich boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
machina
here's what I got,

top are my triads with cherry bomb as brad like to call it.
next are tangerine, then kerry hunter.

Don't know what the last 2 are, maybe from german tuner.

Note that the triad and tangerine both have separate stub pipes. That is a big advantage. Tangerine even makes different stub pipes to suit different motors. stubs also make installation easier.

dr
Qarl
914-6 headers with street adapters from George Narbel (European Racing Headers)

IPB Image
cha914
DR,

I think you have your pics a little mixed up...the one you have labled as a kerry hunter is really a triad (looks like its not showing the stub pipes) but the kerry hunter exits the car on the stock side:

IPB Image

- Tony
machina
tony, I think your right.

And the Triad is the one I have on my car blink.gif

thanks,
dr
stevend
i like the headers by kerry hunter does that set up add any horses? givemebeer.gif
d914
shorty 914-6 headers, new race pipes and muffler to follow.
d914
2-1 set up for a six
stevend
Theres a nice racing exhaust! laugh.gif
scottb
i want this set up. someone please send it to my house ASAP. thank you, drive through!!!! rolling.gif
scottb
this one please....
seanery
stevend, can you add your location please?
gklinger
I believe this is the European Racing header for the four. I want one.
ChrisReale
I have a European Racing Header. It is the same as the Triad header. I have a European Racing muffler, which is basically a flowmaster style exhaust.
ChrisReale
QUOTE(scottb @ Nov 11 2003, 03:14 PM)
i want this set up. someone please send it to my house ASAP. thank you, drive through!!!! rolling.gif

kerry Hunters dont have stub pipes. These are very important. European racing header has stubbies as does Triad and Tangerine. You dont want to mess with the header to head seal everytime yo remove or install these. Plus we all know how much of a PITA the exhaust studs can be
ChrisFoley
The picture of the Tangerine header above is not a 914 header. Here is a pic of the 914 style 1 3/4" primary system on my assembly fixture:
ChrisFoley
This is an installed 1 5/8" Tangerine Racing Super Header under my dirty race car:
ChrisFoley
This is two of my "Improved" Stub Pipes:
Qarl
Oooh... shiny!
ChrisReale
Chris Foley,
I like how you have done the headers. I have problems with my Euro racing header rubbing on the shift rod, and the speedo/clutch cable has to be tucked nicly away or it burns....
Brad Roberts
Hum.. I havent had a problem with my Euro header rubbing on the shift rod... you rod might be bent (ha ha).

Foley wins the header contest hands down.

The Hunter "blows" in my book. Installing one is a lesson in patience.

I wish we could all have Foley headers, but I normally install the Euro because its "El Cheapo" compared to the Foley setup.

B
ChrisReale
My rod is bent, but it bends to the right cause I'm right handed...... unsure.gif
wait, did I say that out loud?

Not sure why it rubs. It doesnt rub big time, but at idle, sometimes it vibrates enough to rattle stuff around so it is heard in the cabin. Euro Race header is a great deal. If I had a bit more money I would get a Foley header. One thing that pisses me off is how much condensation my Euro racing muffler has. Everytime I start up, water drips from the weld on the muffler. I give it about six more months before it rusts through
thesey914
Nope this is the kerry hunter header...pic taken from their site. It exits the stock side as the picture shows the engine upside-down.
Rusty
How come so many of these headers are missing tubes for 2 exhaust ports? rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.