Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspension Console repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davep
I think we need a new Classic thread on the repair. There are a few fellows 'elsewhere' that need info on the repair. Our classic threads seem to missing a ton of pictures from Brad's posts. Who has good pictures and can write up a procedure?
obscurity
I for one could use as much documentation as possible on this repair as I am attempting it right now and am flying a little blind. I have done a number of searches and gotten a lot of good results but more is always better. Also the lost pictures make the existing classic thread much less "classic" than I would have liked.

just my 2cents

highways
Yeah those missing pictures hit me pretty hard too. I had read the thread when it was complete... bought the stuff to do the repair. Then the week of the big fix I went back to re-read the thread and all the pics were gone. Had to wing it from memory but it turned out good in the end.
watsonrx13
I documented my trial and tribulations on the replacement of my right rear suspension console on my website.

Here's the beginning link. Just keep hitting the Next Update button on the bottom of each page until you get to the finish. If you choose the Return to Project Page it will show you all of the projects that I have and/or currently am working on. If you select the Return to Main Page, it will list the project pages, my friend's pages and the car meet pages.

If after reviewing these pages you still have any specific questions I or anyone on this BBS will be glad to answer them. Just remember, take your time and do a good job.

-- Rob
stepuptotheMike
Rob,

Your site is one of the greatest things I have come across yet. I am just in the beginning stages of trying to restore my '76 and reading through your site is very inspirational. Awesome job and thank you so much for documenting with detail pictures.

Def on the bookmark list.

aktion035.gif

Mike
watsonrx13
Mike, thanks for the compliments. I wish and hope that it can help people understand the time and effort for certain projects. With this knowledge everyone can now make an educated decision whether they or someone they hire can do the job right. I am just a guy like most of the posters here that want to repair their cherished vehicles. I wish you well on your restoration and remember, if you have any specific questions we can answer them here...

-- Rob
scotty b
Here are a couple of pics of what I went through on my dads car back in the spring. I will be adding to these whenever I can get back to werking on the damn thing.!Since these I have finished re-assembling the console I now need to fit it back to the body and weld it on.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...pension+console
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.