Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can the trunk lids be adjusted at the latches?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mid_Engine_914
Both my front and rear trunk lids don't fit flush with the fenders (they sit about a 1/4 in. high) so I was wondering how can I adjust them so they fit as good as on Trevorg7's car?

IPB Image

IPB Image
Chogokin
I have the same problem, I was thinking about putting in some rubber stoppers to level them out.. not sure though I haven't gotten that far yet..
abearauto
if you can supply any photos here then i can walk you thru . depending on how bad the gaps are the front hood has alot of adjustments up and down, also can adjust the cowl panel, the rear has no real adjustment down other thank tweaking a little here and there, there was someone ont this site selling an adustable rear hinge piviot that looks really cool, another thing that i have found out that the aftermarket seals do not have the same tolorances that the factory has ,and noticed that the rear aftermarket seal tends to make the deck lid sit high, you can adjust the rear lock lower but the seal prevents it from latching, sometimes it is easier to remove the hood our trunk latch and see how it shuts, this will rule out the latch bing the problem, remember anything can be made to fit better , sometimes its easy and sometimes its not ,, hope this helps,,steve
914Sixer
Do not forget to adjust the rubber stopper in each corner. They screw up and down. You may have to take a pair of pliers to adjust them with depending on condition.
JeffBowlsby
The rear trunk male part on the lid has a big nut on it that can be adjusted for height. the front trunk latch in the trunk can be adjusted too.
Mid_Engine_914
Thanks for the advice. I adjusted the front trunk latch downward as far as it would go and now the front trunk lid fit’s a bit better. I think the problem with the rear trunk lid may have to do with the old trunk seals because after I removed them the lid fit much better.
abearauto
if the old trunk seals are oem , putting new ones on wont fix the problem, will make it worse untill they seat in, the old ones in good conditoion will allow the trunk to set down farther, is the rear trunk seal in the correct way not backwards? i found one that was installed backwards, the seal is designed to kinda fold over and seal , took me awhile to figure that one out trying to adust the deck lid with a rear seal removed from another car , who the p/o must have put in on backwards, and it had been seated wrong,, just my 2cents good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.