Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear springs \shocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
driver66
im haveing to wait to get good shocks and springs . till then can i use an set of airshocks to keep my car from bottoming out? my original boges are toast along with my stock springs . so im looking for a temparary fix...........or will i damage the rest of my suspension with to much sway or ????????? [daily driver] 72' 914
driver66
they used to sell a shock called a hi-jacker airshock.....this is what im thinking ,after the new year ill move em to my truck.
Brad Roberts
The ONLY thing you can do.. is twist in some of the "spring helpers" they sell.

Or.. you can ask nicely and someone will probably GIVE you a set of 100's or 140's (Weltmeister) springs just to keep you from going down this path. You might even be able to give them back to the person when you get your new ones.

I know if I had a set for you to borrow... I would install them for you before I let you install the spring helpers. Its just bad news playing with the springs like that.

B
Brad Roberts
Oh.. and depending on what shocks you have.. you might be able to add a spacer under the spring perch to raise the car. This is not considered "unethical" to the treatment of 914's.. laugh.gif

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.