Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 917/914-6 special
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
Looks like a bad cartoon!
Mueller
replica my @$$....a replica supposed to look like the real thing...

they should have just built it on a bug floor pan...this goes to show that sometimes having/spending too much money can be a bad thing.....

Click to view attachment

Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 18 2006, 11:53 PM) *

replica my @$$....a replica supposed to look like the real thing...

they should have just built it on a bug floor pan...this goes to show that sometimes having/spending too much money can be a bad thing.....

Click to view attachment

Did they really park that car next to the "Pig 914"? I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
Dave_Darling
Funny, it looks exactly like one of those cheesy Lazer kit-cars....

--DD
grantsfo
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 19 2006, 10:19 AM) *

Funny, it looks exactly like one of those cheesy Lazer kit-cars....

--DD

biggrin.gif

IPB Image
maf914
Slap that Lazer kit on a Beetle chassis...now you're talking... laugh.gif
Sammy
The car in the ad is a lazer 917 kit car. The red 917 in the picture next to the pig is a real 917.

Now ignoring the obvious cosmetic shortcomings for a second, this is clipped from the add:
"Fed by twin variable-boost GT2 turbochargers, its dry-sump 3.3 litre type 930 flat-six engine also boasts a fully plumbed-in 'wet' nitrous-oxide injection system. Topped by dual intercoolers and a horizontal multi-blade fan, this formidable powerplant is coupled to an inverted manual 911 Turbo gearbox complete with its own oil cooler and oil pump."

Prolly faster than just about anything around these parts, it's mid engined, light weight, huge power, and has all 911 turbo suspension and brakes.
Anyone who thinks their car can outperform that car, please raise your hand.

Yes it's ugly, but it is a beast. Anything with twin turbos and a horizontal fan should not be taken lightly.

turboman808
Does it matter that it's fast? Thing is hideous and at that price I could get a replica not a kit car and smoke it's ass. IN fact I will put my money where my mouth is in the next year when I order my CAV GT.

Replica-built to original or better then original standards
Kit car-built by joe using parts in his back yard.

That's a ugly kit car.
JoeSharp
The only Horizontal fan in that car is 12 Volt. But still alot of power.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.