Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random power loss
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Orange914x2
i have a 73 2L that was recently rebuilt and i almost let it run out of gas last week and it hasent been happy since. i've run a tank and a half through it since and i have been adding a fuel cleaner to try and fix the problem.

what happens is the engine starts to decelerate on it's own asif it isent getting fuel. if i put my foot down it sometimes recovers but i usually have to pull off the road. and oddly it only happens randomly and usually starts up after a couple trys.

KELTY360
Check your fuel filter. Might have picked up some sediment from the tank.
Orange914x2
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Nov 18 2006, 10:17 PM) *

Check your fuel filter. Might have picked up some sediment from the tank.

i thought about that, i think my filter might be under my battery somewhere but i havent ever messed with my fuel system. if i do manage to get the filter out and crack it open, what do i use to clean it? can i just pick out the junk manualy? i dont want to mess it up. and if i manage to clean it correctly do i need to do any fancy priming or do i just filp on the the fuel pump for a bit and then try to start?
KELTY360
You'll probably just want to replace the filter if it is fouled, although you may be able to blow out some of the debris. If you're still fuel injected you might want to turn the key a couple of times (without cranking) to prime the system.
Orange914x2
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Nov 18 2006, 10:59 PM) *

You'll probably just want to replace the filter if it is fouled, although you may be able to blow out some of the debris. If you're still fuel injected you might want to turn the key a couple of times (without cranking) to prime the system.

really, bummer! i'd have to order a new one. i'd rather try to fix what i got or get some cheap replacement from kregan to use untill i get the original. is it a big deal?

oh- i'm carburated by the way, i have webers.
bd1308
well maybe you might have clogged your idle jets too?

i hear weber idle jets have a habit of clogging the jets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.