Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: PS3
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
My daughter's boyfriend couldn't wait to get his PS3. Left school early to head to the mall. Success! Got his PS3. But someone was watching him and followed him to his car and robbed him at gunpoint. 11am in the morning. So much for mall security. Everytime I think of this it really pisses me off. ar15.gif

Teen Robbed of PS3 at Gunpoint

Whereas some of us work hard, have goals to buy things, others don't work so hard, use a gun to steal what we work so hard for.

Spoke
rick 918-S
Based on the rest of the story, sounds like he was one of the lucky ones. I bet they get his guy. Sounds like they have some leads. Take him out to the country for the weekend. He could probably use a release. The game is a small part of his trouble. Ask him how he's feeling about what happened.
Joe Bob
Sorrry to hear about it....seems one store got smart and sent everyone home with tickets so that they could come back w/o having to camp out for 2 days.

Of course Sony could have done better by supplying enough to meet demand.....bet the assholes in marketing came up with THAT one.

Nintendo is releasing their model today....let's hope there's enough to go around.
tat2dphreak
they do this on purpose, they do a small run to create false hype and demand, then they will release the real shipment closer to christmas...
Joe Bob
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 19 2006, 08:04 AM) *

they do this on purpose, they do a small run to create false hype and demand, then they will release the real shipment closer to christmas...

Hence, the "assholes in marketing" comment..... blink.gif
Sammy
The assholes in marketting wouldn't do it if PT barnum wasn't right. They are just giving the consumers what they want, with a little twist.

I remember many years ago there was a major deal about those little furbys and tickle me elmos.
My daughter was very young and wanted me both.
I said not yet.
A week after christmas I bought both of them for significantly less than retail, even though a week before christmas they were fighting over them.

If we ask for them to screw us, we get screwed. If we wait, we get rewarded.

snflupigus
i just bought an xbox in june. smile.gif ---- used. I knew that if I'd bought it new I'd play it for weeks then forget about it. Thats what I did. I think I'll return in with the 30 games I have now and be done with gaming unless its on the computer... new games, same system... smarter.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 19 2006, 06:09 AM) *

Based on the rest of the story, sounds like he was one of the lucky ones. I bet they get his guy. Sounds like they have some leads. Take him out to the country for the weekend. He could probably use a release. The game is a small part of his trouble. Ask him how he's feeling about what happened.

agree.gif
Spoke
Bank holdup may be linked to the PS3 theft:

Bank Holdup Link

This makes perfect sense. If you're gonna get a PS3, you'll need some cash to buy games.

Spoke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.