Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hottest Bumble Bee on sale again!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
Way hot! Isn't it still in the club? smiley_notworthy.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...1QQcmdZViewItem
Chogokin
check out the FS in the classifieds, tells the whole story..
spare time toys
No bidders as of yet so I started it out piratenanner.gif Tou never know I just may win it blink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JPB @ Nov 19 2006, 01:55 PM) *

It is still in the club. I own it. I have two 914s, one 911 Carrera, one 240Z, a BMW motorcycle, a Supercharged 4Runner and a new project in mind. The Bumblebee and the 240Z are going to go to make room for that new project. The BMW may go as well as I have only put 17K miles on it since new and have lost interest in it.
I am hoping it goes out of the Northern California Area because it kicks autocross ass and I don't want it to fall into capable local hands.

Bidding is already over 2K so it took off quickly... Too low but quickly. Come on guys Conversions this nice go for 18 - 20K and this one has a reserve much lower than that.
EdwardBlume
That's one heck of a cool car. Racing history. Well sorted motor.... Too bad you can't hold on to it for another 2 years when I can buy it.

I hope it goes to a good (2 year) home.

ConeDodger

I have been pretty busy since I listed the car on eBay but I see this evening that it has gone over $9000 in just 18 hours so I suspect it will sell. Hopefully to someone in the club but not local to me. This is an amazing autocross car. driving.gif
chilli
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Nov 20 2006, 10:52 PM) *

I have been pretty busy since I listed the car on eBay but I see this evening that it has gone over $9000 in just 18 hours so I suspect it will sell. Hopefully to someone in the club but not local to me. This is an amazing autocross car. driving.gif

driving.gif driving.gif maybe I should buy it and take on steve,

mike driving.gif driving.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(chilli @ Nov 22 2006, 10:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Nov 20 2006, 10:52 PM) *

driving.gif driving.gif maybe I should buy it and take on steve,

Mike,

With the right shoes... Steve drove it at Stockton one lap with me on board and came within 3 seconds of his own time in the Pylon Assassin. My tires are toast or close to toast. With the right tires and the right driver that might be do-able. Figure two seconds for new tires. More for slicks. One second for getting my fat ass out of the car and there you have it...
With slicks that would definately be a possibility. Especially if Steve was driving! biggrin.gif
chilli
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Nov 23 2006, 12:18 AM) *

Mike,

With the right shoes... Steve drove it at Stockton one lap with me on board and came within 3 seconds of his own time in the Pylon Assassin. My tires are toast or close to toast. With the right tires and the right driver that might be do-able. Figure two seconds for new tires. More for slicks. One second for getting my fat ass out of the car and there you have it...
With slicks that would definitely be a possibility. Especially if Steve was driving! biggrin.gif

Well was within 4 seconds (32 vs 36 at sears with the Boxster. Last time used my914 was within 2-3 at Stockton. slicks against hoosiers and whole lot more weight.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.