Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attn: Body Guys - Need Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Had to borrow the wife's car for the day - and she made me pay! She side swiped something (I asked as little as possible) and wiped out the mirror and gave me a nice bug dent and scratch on the drivers door. Take a look - any chance this is something Dent Wizard can take care of? Given it's a ten year old car I don't want perfect, just respectable. I've removed most of the crud that was on the panel and removed the door panel and pushed it out slightly but it still looks wrinkled. Any recommendations? Looking for a cheap solution.
vesnyder
Try these pics again ...
sww914
Get some lacquer thinner and clean the rest of the smudges off.
The dent-pro guy will only be able to get 50%-75% of it, but it will look better than that.
GWN7
Dent Dr. .......nope, that panel is dented, scratched and streched. If it's a 10 yr old car and you don't really care, push it out from the inside as best you can and drive it the way it is. Or call your insurance company and let them deal with it.
Allan
What's with all the rusty looking scrapes?

Did she side swipe a 914?
vesnyder
She sideswiped a telephone pole, and they soak them in some kind of grease to keep them from rotting - I wiped it down with cleaning fluid and only the deepest scratches are left. Looks much better, but still pretty wavy.
Aldehyde
I'd take the door pannel off and push it out from the inside as best you can. You might be able to get it to just pop back out.
IMO the increased premium wouldn't be worth having insurance deal with it - for a 10 yr old driver anyway.
Jax914
take your average household plunger and give it a quick snap....you'll probably get most of that out....
abearauto
the stuff they use on telephone poles is kreosote, oily based tar , use a wax degreaser to get it off this wont hurt the paint and it works good on removing road tar, freash overspray paint, dont use laquar thinner, to hot and will attack the paint.
can be purchased at local paint store , also works good to wipe down anything before painting,
CoolAirVw
I got a door just laying there in the garage.
maf914
What kind of car is that? Where is Gustl when you need him? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.