Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 356 Speedster Sighting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aldehyde
Hard to say if it is a real car or a replica, but the license plate makes me think its real. Plates are from the 60s, if it was an original plate it would be black lettering on yellow background.

Cool none the less. Saw 3 blocks from my place.

IPB Image
Crazyhippy
the exhaust tip is a pretty big giveaway.. the originals came through the holes in the bumperettes....

Dont see the real ones on the road unfortunatelly... i always assume them to be fakes until proven otherwise.
EdwardBlume
You see a lot of them not routing exhaust through the bumpers. I was on a fun run about 3 weeks ago in the Sierra Nevadas for Octoberfest with 6 real 356s including one chery roadster and a daily driven speedster. Two of the 356s had bypassed the bumper exhaust set up for what is pictured.
Michael N
I was told that the easiest way to tell was to look at the rear wheel wells. Real ones have a much thinner edge. I'd say this is real with incorrect exhaust.
So.Cal.914
Don't see many fakes with all the dressing on the bumper, looks real to me.
johnc
it's real. Incorrect engine lid (dual grill) and updated to 'C' wheels. Thin body work around wheel wells is one way to tell.
jimtab
I talked to that guy in Cayucos about a month ago...it's an old kit but a damn fine build....912 engine IIRC...nice guy too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.