Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior Upholstery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nick mironov

Anybody have any dealings and feedback on World Upholstery & Trim?

They provide kit materials, ready to self-install for seats, backpad, and doors.

Seats: Vinyl: $354. Leather $850
Backpad: Vynyl: $177
Doors: Vynil: $270 per pair

Colors are available at no additional cost. Colored materials are smooth only - no box pattern. They wil use your materials at no additional cost.

They are located in Southern California.

Any other suggestions for either kits or upholsterers?

G e o r g e
QUOTE(nick mironov @ Nov 20 2006, 01:13 PM) *

They provide kit materials, ready to self-install for seats, backpad, and doors.

Colors are available at no additional cost. Colored materials are smooth only - no box pattern. They wil use your materials at no additional cost.

nick I'd look around

south of the border i'm getting 2 door panels, 2 visors, 1 backpad, 2 seats, middle storage area done for 450$

they don't carry the correct cross hatch material, but i didn't want that any way.

they will use your supplied material at no cost
Sammy
About 5 years ago I bought the seat vinyl kits and the cover for the center console. Good quality, fit was good, ease of installation wasn't too bad. Delivery was quick, price was decent. If i had another 914 interior to re-do, I would be calling world upholstery.

I don't go to Mexico so that is not an option for me.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Sammy @ Nov 20 2006, 02:55 PM) *

I don't go to Mexico so that is not an option for me.

Why? smile.gif
Dr Evil

they will use your supplied material at no cost

av-943.gif I always thought that was a nice thing to do rolleyes.gif If they use their material the price was always the same so it was not worth sourcing your own.

Viva Los Panchos!
iamchappy
I purchased a pair of black leather reupholstered seats on Ebay last week for 400.00, it was kind of a fluke i wasn't really thinking about redoing my interior but it looked like such a great deal as nobody else bid on them. Turns out the workmanship was impeccable,
The leather was perfect and I cant find any flaw in the workmanship. I sent my entire interior off today for her to finish off. She took my old seats and a pair of extra door panels I had in on trade for the new work.
She is a true professional and the quality shows, she's done limos and private jets,
And has been doing Corvettes, she told me she picked up the 914 seats on Ebay for 60 bucks and thought she would try it. I got them for the opening bid of 400.00 she told me she had 370.00 into them.

I will post pictures of the finished job.

I am going to have her post her services in the parts and resource section if anyone has interest she lives in Orlando.
GeorgeRud
I've always had good results using the kits from Auto's International, look like factory and they can give you choices of material
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Nov 20 2006, 07:17 PM) *

I've always had good results using the kits from Auto's International, look like factory and they can give you choices of material

I'll 2nd Auto's Intl
ninepfourteen
QUOTE(nick mironov @ Nov 20 2006, 04:13 PM) *

I redid a 911 Carrera with kits from World. I'd use them again.
PRS914-6
Although a little pricey, World has provided me with very good products and service. With that said, I would still use a good local guy after seeing the results of kits vs a local guy. The reason is the 30 year old foam is typically trashed and needs to be rebuilt to look decent. This is especially true of the seats. The patterns duplicate the original but if the foam is crushed, they won't fit good. To cut and shape foam right takes a little experience to look right and by the time you do it yourself, it's a draw....I'm really picky on my interior as well.

The hard part is finding a reasonably priced quality upholsterer. Recently I was having my GTS headrests reworked and I literally took the foam out of the guys hands and left. He was a butcher! I went to 4 different shops until I could find a guy who wasn't a toothless alcoholic.. The small shop I found was an award winning guy who only does custom rods. Surprisingly, his price was the best of all. I suppose because he is probably faster at it then the others.

Moral of the story......Get quotes from several shops and look at their work while they are quoting you a price...
william harris
Years ago I redid a Carrera Cab with the german top and carpet kit supplied by World. Very happy with their products and price. Autos International is also a very good vendor.
t collins
Just got my seats recovered using Word Upholstery kit and they look great, I wouldn't have to think twice about doing it again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.