Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: May/may not be OT, depending on response.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
If this has been done...couldn't find it. So.....

Of ALL the cars you've had (cars only - boats, planes, bikes don't count), what would you KILL to get back? What has the most gutteral, balls-out memories?

You have to have owned this car.

And, while we're at it - what is the 2nd car you'd KILL to get back?
vanaman
well considering i have only owned 3 cars. and hated one of them.
1. would be my vanagon
2. would be my current gti.

steve
Crazyhippy
Had a KILLER 2nd gen Toyota Supra, had a 3rd gen motor, built w/ a big ole turbo. caged, custom suspension, lexan windows, aluminum floors... 600HP and 1800 LBS, on the street (it had lights, plates, but was no where near legal)

You think people would notice the cage and lexan windows, and not even think about picking on it.... but no ???

Also really miss my 91 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) sprung over w/ a Locked 44 in front, and a spooled 9" out back. Q78 TSL's fit after the sawzall fairy visited the fenders. One of the 1st Atlas T-Cases, 4.88's, it was DAMN slow. But could scare the heck out of you @ .25mph
So.Cal.914
1967 GTO .

1972 Mustang conv.
turboman808
My race car. 323 ITB car. I was really broke when I went back to school so I had to sell it to pay my rent.

Only cool thing is I got more money for it then what I bought it for.
richardmosselman
1. '70 Mazda R100
2. '72 Triumph GT6+
d7n7master
Why Ohhh why did I sell my '67 RS Camaro & buy a '69 VW Van??? confused24.gif
idea.gif smoke.gif I don't remember... cool_shades.gif Bad move headbang.gif
STL914
My 64 AH Sprite and my hair.
Pat Garvey
Well, since I asked the question....I get to respond.

'65 Dodge Dart GT. 273 cubes, balanced, blueprinted, 3/4 race cam, Goodyear Blue Streaks, Edelbrock & 2 Carter AFB's w/ positive linkage - all 8 barrels going at once! Dyno'd at 323 HP, 4 speed, 4 mpg! One of the UGLIEST cars in the world, but it would pull wheelies at traffic lights. Usually ran it on slicks, since it spent the weekend on them. Won lots of pseudo pink slips with it. Traded it on a '65 Beetle in '67.

Betle would be #2 - drove the dog pis_ out of it for 5 years - even tweaked it & dragged it. Traded it my '72 914. The Beetle became a dune buggy, so I can't get it back.
MecGen
Yup

69 Charger 383 4speed.....
and one I almost forgot about...74 Ford Capri 2.6 60deg V6, cooked tires in all gears.

Thanx for the memories
Later

beerchug.gif
Brew
I'd like to have this back. Alot. cool.gif
Click to view attachment

#2 would have to be the 66 Caddy ambulance, replete with limo dark tint, 3' Harley wing sticker in the back window, and 3 color spray-bomb painted flames. aktion035.gif
LS6/914
1970 Ford Ranchero 429 SCJ 4 speed, Shaker hood, wrap-around tach, 9" locker on a big bearing housing, headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
jimtab
1958 speedster
1957 356a coupe
1953 mgtd
ariel square 4...don't remember what year it was...a big beast. Oh well.....
smontanaro
That's easy:

#1 '55 Speedster
#2 '67 911S

Skip
ClayPerrine
Fred...

AKA... my 1969 Pontiac Firebird.

Highly Massaged 400 Ram Air III, turbo 350, Ford 9" rear end.

Had 3.90 gears that I ran during the week, and 4.33s on a welded diff for the weekends.

12 flat in a quarter. Won lots of money racing it. Only thing to beat me at the local street racing place was a VW beetle. But that beetle was built and driven by Lyle Cherry and was setup for full drag racing. I lost $100.00 to Lyle and that friggin VW.

24 years later I was at Lyle's shop, and we were talking. We got to discussing racing and he actually remembered the black Firebird with the Primered left rear fender. He remembered it because the "punk assed kid" who looked 14 gave his full race VW a run for the money.

I really miss that car.... burnout.gif
Mr.C
GT-40 kit car. I had big plans for a tube chassis. My uncle had other plans while I was away in San Diego. It took me 5 years to speak to him after that one. Also a 70 240Z a 69 Charger and a 70 Cuda. sad.gif
iamchappy
My Aspen, Colorado girl friend...
Goge
'65 Notchback 1500S. Factory sunroof. Alotta work needed, but I never shoulda let it go...

Only really drove it under its own power once during its life with me, around the block. I transplanted its little TIII heart into my squareback and then I -sniff- sold the carcass. I really kick myself for that.

The 914 will never leave me... I learn from mistakes... sometimes.
Lou W
1. 1958 Corvette

2. 1971 Chevelle SS454

3. 1970 Mustang Mach1 428 CJ

gregrobbins
#1 1954 Corvette. When I was a kid growing up my folks had one. It was to be my car when I turned 16. Times were tough, dad was on the road trucking, mom sold the car for $250 because she needed money for food and utilities. Hated to see the car go, but glad I have a mom who cared more for us kids than a car.

Somehow the side curtains did not get sold with the car. 20 years later I sold them to a collector in NY for $1,250. Helped pay my daughter's tuition at private school.

#2 1957 bright red MGA. My college car. Spent more time working on it than driving it. biggrin.gif Damn Lucas electrics and dual SUs. I spent one Thanksgiving breakl rebuilding the motor when the crank broke.

Thought it was a cool ride until I got to drive a car owned by a friend's sister. It was a white 914. That car felt like it was on rails. 30 years later my first 914 was white.

#3 1983 Datsun 280ZX Turbo. That puppy liked to run.
Allan
1969 Chevy long bed. Ground up restoration, 327 300hp, 3 sp TH w/posi.
Qball
One I should had held on to,

1965 396 Vette headbang.gif
toon1
my youth and the 7 years I spent in a marrage that ended in divorce.

If your talking toy's, I want my jet boat back! the bitch convinced me to sell it before she left
JPB
If this was asked four years ago, the 2000 VW Jetta TDI the EX got from the F@#$% judge bastard! finger.gif
ninefourteener
My 1980 Elcamino... with the 396BB that ran 12.1 on street tires

My 1977 Trans Am... I was the 2nd owner.. bought it w/ 22k original miles (in 2000)
914werke
idea.gif Suzuki RG500 rocking nana.gif w00t.gif happy11.gif headbang.gif
serge914
My 1975 GT3 Honda Civic.
Would be so fun in vintage racing today.
grantsfo
I miss my Sunbeam IMP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillman_Imp
SGB
69 sunroof Beetle with Sara smile.gif in the seat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.