Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need video production help for sponsorship DVD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thorshammer

Many of you know that I had a little luck at the 2005 SCCA Runoffs, finishing second. To really make a good run a this for 2007, I need a sponsorship DVD that I can hand out with the proposals. I have targeted nine potentials with the ability (money) and the desire (pity on me) to assist. What I need is the DVD and fairly quick. I had someone that was supposedly doing it, but she never got started, too many late nights at the college bar. I appreciate her efforts, but it did not get done, now I am down to the wire. My main guy comes back from Spain in Three weeks, and I have nothing.

Heres What I have:

A clean DVD of the speedvision broadcast and my in car video of the entire race, My post race interview with Christa ? from Speedvision, Some very enthusiastic sound of the engine and me (screaming) and some very high res professional stills of the car on the track.And of me on the podium at Mid Ohio And one of the best: Greg Creamer saying," right through the middle, was that Madsen, Unbelievable!" in his typical whos' got ahold of my nuts voice.
Not to mention a 914 clubber that says "you rock baby". Some good stuff
And one of the best arm pump celebrations I have ever seen.

Now I need to transfer this into something that can get the car sponsored for next year or it's gonna be a short short season, and I know how you club guys need a racing fix.

I have this vision of zarathstra (sp) opening music with various fade in and out quickly shots of parts of the car, Followed by the starter motor, and the whining of the tuned six cylinder with the cam gear drive.

Then fade in words like Passion, Drive, Vision with a nice voice over, I have these grandious ideas of James Earl Jones, but that ain't gonna happen, followed by slow footage of a couple shots of the speedchannel coverage. Then the last lap of the race.

I really need some help on this. And of course the kicker, I don't have much money, But I do have alot of technical know how, maybe theres some trade, or pity, I'm okay with either.

Need a website as well, but that is a second priority.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, your my only hope!

Erik Madsen

Soccerrace@aol.com

508-524-3145
Brad Roberts
I have some .pdf's of pro-stuff that was done for us back in 00-01. I *might* be able to help with the hard copy.

B
Thorshammer

That would be a big help. I have some demographic stuff from the SCCA, and some examples of proposals, but email me what you have, It will help.

Erik
Trekkor
I bet you could sell the finished product to your fans.

Think 1000 copies @ $9.14 each. idea.gif

I'm first in line on that one...

KT
Trekkor
You could truly be "sponsored" by the 914Club members that way. clap56.gif

KT
Quilmes
Erik, maybe I can be of some help. I work for Telemundo, a Spanish broadcaster here in the United States. I also know Mark Peables, I saw a glimps of him towards the end of your video. Great race by the way!!!
Send me what you have and give me a bit more feed back on the duration ( how long) time of this presentation that you want to make for your client. :30sec, 1Min, 3Min-5Min??? Will you be using any powerpoint included in this video?
Do you have all the appropiate logos on high res CD, Music ? and graphics style that you are looking for.
I am not an expert to editing verbage, I sell our product on air, and many times we are forced to be creative and build a advertising campaign to bring in the Big Dog, so we produce our own rendition of what we think that the client would like to see.
I will see what my editing suite looks like when I get your footage B-roll and ask my guys to do a favor and buy them a few Coronas and Pizzas. I also have a person here in Orlando that did the voice of the WB channel 18, great guy, I can ask him to send you a demo if you like and hopefully he will do it for the love of the sport. Or future work on my project...

You can e-mail me at < martin@elgaragetv.net > that is my second project that I am working on. I will try to forward you a sample of a cut from the show to yoour e-mail once you send it to me.

If you want call me tomorrow and we can discuss, I will be in Miami till Wednesday night on a market trip.

Quilmes: Martin 407-832-1334 biggrin.gif
turboman808
If I wasn't so busy I could do this for you. I will be free in January to take on more side projects if things here don't work.
Jeroen
Erik, can't help you with the DVD...

But I can make a mock up of what your car is gonna look like with your sponsor's logo's etc. on it
This may help you lure in or convinse your sponsor

I did this for Mika (see pics below), did a couple for Brad and am working on one for Bill P's new Boxster

Once the design is final, I can send you the files that your vinyl shop needs to cut the decals (so you won't have to pay them any design time)

Sketch of Mika's car
Click to view attachment

Transformed to real world
Click to view attachment
seanery
Erik,
I'd be willing to help. I'll be home a week from tomorrow.

call me if you'd like 317 557 5069

I've got 2 more shows today...done about 9:30pm CST, but I'm free until 11:30am tomorrow after that (CST time).
d914
If push comes to shove I own a small TV show here in Atlanta, we hire out our production to some GA grad's, they do nice work and are always looking for a buck..

I'll get their e-mail from the ball and chain!!

go to meettheproducts.com and see if there is a link to microbrew productions and or you can see their work on our web site.
JPB
Since there is a money making opertunity from your fans here and you can't sell other people's music, I might be of service and all ya have to tell me is what genre and the various words you wanna add for effect like a bad ass heavy guitar rythm with heavy drums and a little WHO"S THE MAN NOW!!! dadada waaa boom boom boom ARGH. I do anything from jazzy stuff to death metal. I wanted to make one for the Fourth Dimension but have benn side tracked and never asked Jake yet. I have a proffesional home recording studio. Crap I have to get into the video part.

beer.gif LEMENO by PM since I get a schmit load of mail
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.