Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery Charger
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kliney30
I'm looking for a battery charger as it seems like my trips to the garage are becoming more sporadic. Does anyone have any recommendations on what type to get? I've seen different types: trickle, float, etc. but am not sure of the differences or which one is better. Any brands / models to look into?

Thanks!
Evan
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
There is a battery maintainer,I use this for storage. I start it once every 2 wk.
in the winter. Keep it hooked up in summer when may be two wks. or so between start ups.. I got it at Sears. They have a full line of chargers and such. Dave slap.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
This is what I have and has been working great since 1998. It maintains two Optima Red Tops, a wave runner battery and a motorcycle battery.
http://tinyurl.com/yb38px
kliney30
Thanks to you both for your help! I will pick up one of the battery tenders this weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Dr Evil
I got a $9-16 one at Harbor freight that I use for my bikes and my 914 with optima.
GeorgeRud
Ditto on the Harbor Freight ones, they've been maintaining my Optimas for the past few winters.

Schumacher also make a nice maintainer, and the owners of the company (the drag racing family) live a few blocks away so I have to give them a plug when I can.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.