Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I would just like to say...Yes you can get away
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
I'm not saying who or where but running from cops is actualy pretty darn easy. driving.gif

in no way saying I did it or anyone I know did it. bootyshake.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Nov 21 2006, 12:29 PM) *

I'm not saying who or where but running from cops is actualy pretty darn easy. driving.gif

in no way saying I did it or anyone I know did it. bootyshake.gif

I did that once when I was a teenager. Fortunately I grew out of thinking that was acceptable when I turned 45. You might want to reccomend to your police evading freind, who may or may not have done this, that its not such a good idea. busted_cop.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Film @ 11:00 popcorn[1].gif
rmital
...hopefully the person that might have done such a maneuver wasn't in a unique vehicle that could be indentified at a later date.
736conver
Its only a matter of time
type11969
Hopefully you weren't driving the teener, cause, well, I'm sure there aren't too many around where you were driving. Cops may be on the lookout if they got a good view of you (and knew what a 914 was).

And if you were driving your civic, well, I think you have lost the right to complain about getting pulled over without reason!!

-Chris
TravisNeff
Our friend Forrest Gump said this best,.... uh nevermind burnout.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(rmital @ Nov 21 2006, 12:47 PM) *

...hopefully the person that might have done such a maneuver wasn't in a unique vehicle that could be indentified at a later date.

The person who may or may not have operated a motor vehicle in such a way would have removed all badges and emblems from aforementioned vehicle prior to the alleged evasive action, thereby rendering it unidentifiable at a later date. happy11.gif
Leo Imperial
Hi Guys. I just got out of jail about an hour ago. Ends up they got the wrong blue 914, so they let me go. Said they are going to get the guy tho.
nycchef
maybe someone got lucky..this time. but i know from personal experience you can't out run a radio.
So.Cal.914
Motorola is a bitch.
type11969
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Nov 21 2006, 01:01 PM) *

Hi Guys. I just got out of jail about an hour ago. Ends up they got the wrong blue 914, so they let me go. Said they are going to get the guy tho.

Man, I'm suprised they nabbed ya, I would have figured after they saw the color of your car they would have assumed you spent more time picking daisys than running from the cops . . . or maybe they figured you would have more fun in jail!

haha ZING

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Nov 21 2006, 01:16 PM) *

Motorola is a bitch.

tell me about it, I have worked for them the past 20yrs. another 24 to go sad.gif
CHAFF

Maybe they'd just mistake the teener for a Fiat????

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 21 2006, 12:57 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Nov 21 2006, 12:47 PM) *

The person who may or may not have operated a motor vehicle in such a way would have removed all badges and emblems from aforementioned vehicle prior to the alleged evasive action, thereby rendering it unidentifiable at a later date. happy11.gif

i love porsche
i dunno...that slant nose does kinda make it look like one of dem X 1/9's
BMartin914
Depends on how bad they want you. If they want you bad enough, you won't get away.
Qball
Was it the oilslick,rotating license plate or smoke screen on that blue missle? unsure.gif
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(type11969 @ Nov 21 2006, 04:30 PM) *

Man, I'm suprised they nabbed ya, I would have figured after they saw the color of your car they would have assumed you spent more time picking daisys than running from the cops . . . or maybe they figured you would have more fun in jail!

haha ZING

Hey easy brotha! If we were in the joint together you'd be sellin' cigarettes for me! Biatch!

ZING ZING
Dr Evil
Let us know when you get pinched so we know to start watching the police auctions.

Wow, I am soo impressed with your level of intelligence and maturity jerkit.gif rolleyes.gif
type11969
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Nov 21 2006, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(type11969 @ Nov 21 2006, 04:30 PM) *

haha ZING

Hey easy brotha! If we were in the joint together you'd be sellin' cigarettes for me! Biatch!

ZING ZING

Ha, dammit!
mihai914
I don't see anybody asking, but what infraction was commited to warrant a getaway???

Anyway, congrats to the officer who didn't ingage in the pursuit that could possibly end in a bad story for innocent people (the kind that are not at fault and not the kind that have half a brain).
Allan
Lemme see, speeding = Misdemeaner. Okay, pay the fine $, go to school and move on. wink.gif

Running from the cops = Felony. Go to jail, pay the fine $$$$, no school eligibility, goes on record, insurance goes from $$ to $$$$, miss time from work (jail & court time), and explain to family and boss how you can make good decisions in the future. dry.gif
JPB
AAAaaaah. Speeding is overrated. Going half the speed limit in the hammer lane is where the real action is biotch! thumb3d.gif

Oh sorry, you might need a couple of these first icon_bump.gif ZZZZING!
byndbad914
many cities have a "no chase" policy anymore - all they needed to do was get a license plate or partial plate and a visual on the car and they will show up to your house. The discussion usually starts after they cuff you.

Maybe you got lucky for sure, but don't be so sure yet... you may get a knock at the door later if they had a partial plate and need to run a partial and description to get your address.

Oh, and they may impound your car for 30days too. Since it would be at home now they may not do it, but on the street they could for sure. The impound fees are brutal for a 30day impound.

Not speaking from direct experience, but I had a buddy back in the day blow by a donut shop at 1AM on the nitrous about 120-ish. Thought he got away until they showed up at his garage, cuffed him and took him in for booking.
Aaron Cox
oooh.. reliving your fast and furious fantasy...

you are oh soo cool!

glad you didnt kill someone by proving you are a dumbass. darwin will win someday. mark my words.
Lou W
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 21 2006, 11:22 PM) *

oooh.. reliving your fast and furious fantasy...

you are oh soo cool!

glad you didnt kill someone by proving you are a dumbass. darwin will win someday. mark my words.

agree.gif alfred.gif
Series9
"Get away" by yourself. Don't subject the club to the rest.........
John
Gosh you guys are harsh.

One night, about 20 years ago, (someone) was sailing along in a 914 and (they) passed a cop traveling the other way. (They) knew (they) were speeding so (they) watched in (their) rear view mirror. The overhead lights came on and the cop slowed and turned around. (Someone) kept going to the next cross-road, turned left, stopped and turned out the lights.

When the cop went sailing past (in hot persuit obviously), (Someone) counted to 10 or so, started it back up and went back the other way.

Keep in mind, these were country roads not heavily traveled, and (Someone) may have been going 70-80 in a 55.

The passenger thought it was pretty cool.

End of story.

So (someone) didn't really "run" from the cop. In fact (someone) waited for him, but the cop kept going.

CoolAirVw
Note: just today here in KC someone killed in police car chase

Someone, ME! ran from the cops when I was 17 on my motorcycle. The cop rammed my bike causing me to crash then handcuffed me, put his knee into my back and pulled my head back till my neck was bruised from the chin strap, then he took my helmet off, beat my face against the ground (gravel embedbed into my face) and then promptly charged me with assualt with a deadly weapon. He said I tried to run over him. Not to mention the 17 traffic tickets (speeding, reckless, running stopsigns ect)

Cost mucho in lawyer. court costs, and permament record. Took years to dig myself out of that hole.

My advice to everyone. Dont fuck up your life by doing something stupid. You put yourself in that situation dont think the system wont fuck you.

As for those in authority who lie and abuse their authority. I hope when what goes around comes back around it hits you real hard.

To officer Stienhouser of Independence Missouri PD finger.gif Note: Independence police dept is corrupt and known for abuse of authority. One news station just did a expose on them. They sent in a representitive from a national agency that is "watchdog" organization for police department corruption. This guy walks in and wants to file a report on an officer and the cop ends up smashing his head against the wall and charging him with disorderly conduct. (all recorded on video of course)
CoolAirVw
Forgot to say that when someone is killed in the police chase the suspect/criminal can be charged with Murder/manslaughter ect.

mrhurtalot
i ran from the cops once.

in an explorer. smile.gif

that was fun.
Mr.C
Back in H.S. I did a smoke show across an intersection and thought I was so cool. It was great until a few cars back I noticed lights. He was still stuck waiting to cross so I made the decision to run.
I don't think so in a bright yellow Charger. Luckily for me I turned a corner pulled over and got out. Because he didn't see me actually driving he let me go with a warning.

Now when I look back I think, WHAT A DUMBASS!
bd1308
I went 73 in a 55, got caught. LIght on, theyre after me. I pulled over and answered his Qs. Went to traffic school and paid my fine.
Scott-thundercat
about 5 years ago i flew past a cop going the other way- had a bunch of tickets just waiting to happen, so i gunned it flew up this road, dove off into a parking lot and backed up behind a tree- cop flew by- but right as he was almost gone- his pard looked over and saw me- they spun a quick bitch and pulled up weapons drawn- ran my liscense without saying a word- came back and said "if you tell me the truth i might let you go" so i told him everything including how fast i drove to get away. he looked at me really strangely and thought for a while and let me go (he probably thought- stupid teenager really doesnt deserve to have a felony- maybe this will wake him up). i never ran again. i realized how big a deal it was- and how stupid i was trying to get out of a ticket (which by the way he just gave me a warning over- so not even a ticket)....

but now i dont do that crap anymore- i pass a cop and see the lights go on and just pull over.
mudfoot76
I was clocked at 89 in a 55 on a long stretch of highway out in the middle of no where. Undercover car was on the other side - no light bar and I didn't recognize until it was too late and he flips his lights on. He still had to turn around somewhere then try to catch up, but I knew I was busted, so I just pulled over and waited for him.

He thanked me for being honest and let me go with a warning.
Dr Evil
Its interesting how almost everyone who admitted to running was a teenager and how those that pulled over to face the music were adults.

Hmmmmm
brer
just pull over. no biggie.
just dont fall for the ol'

"tell me the truth and i'll let you off" routine.

thats a gotcha. If asked any questions about your behavior respond with a question or just shrug your shoulders.

If asked what your hurry was, say "I'm not sure I understand officer? am I under arrest or am I free to go." smile.gif

of course you could become an outlaw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_XN88z_uCSs

Sammy
Just pull over and when he walks up say "sorry it took so long, I got here as fast as I could".
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Sammy @ Nov 22 2006, 03:08 PM) *

Just pull over and when he walks up say "sorry it took so long, I got here as fast as I could".

av-943.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(mrhurtalot @ Nov 22 2006, 01:57 AM) *

i ran from the cops once.

in an explorer. smile.gif

that was fun.

You sure it wasn't a Bronco OJ??? happy11.gif
flesburg
There is no question in my mind that it is 50/50 that a cop would like to do a Rodney King on me, and of course if it were me, no one would get a video tape of it. In fact, I think they are all capable of giving out "punishment". Police work afterall does attract a certain personality type, (maybe similar to postal workers?)

Be polite, use the "sir" word a lot, do not argue etc, and it is 50/50 that you can get off with a warning (if it is not the last 4 or 5 days of the month). All cop's have to make their monthly quota, and they all get very ticket happy during the last few days of the month (similar to pms).

Race tracks are for racing. And that is where racing should be done, besides at a track, you can let it all out, and generally do not meet up with cows or farm machinery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.