Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! w/rear calipers.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bare 1
Teener no like sit!!! For a lot of bad reasons and some good ones I haven't driven the car in wayyyy too long and my rear calipers have froze up . and because I'm curious and stupid I backed out the venting clearance adjuster too far-- I think. Something in there came loose! Not the pistons though. Before I tear them apart-- like the manuals say you're not supposed to do- Can any body give me some clues on what I might find in there. Some surprises are cool, some are simply OH SHIT! I'd prefer to avoid the latter.
I guess my big question is," Am I wasting my time?" And if these things are now junk what are my alternatives-- if any. Thanks for your input.
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(bare 1 @ Nov 21 2006, 09:05 PM) *

Teener no like sit!!! For a lot of bad reasons and some good ones I haven't driven the car in wayyyy too long and my rear calipers have froze up . and because I'm curious and stupid I backed out the venting clearance adjuster too far-- I think. Something in there came loose! Not the pistons though. Before I tear them apart-- like the manuals say you're not supposed to do- Can any body give me some clues on what I might find in there. Some surprises are cool, some are simply OH SHIT! I'd prefer to avoid the latter.
I guess my big question is," Am I wasting my time?" And if these things are now junk what are my alternatives-- if any. Thanks for your input.

Best thing to do is follow my caliper link below. In the first post of that thread there's a do-it-yourself link. follow that and you'll see what's involved.

Ask tons of questions and I'll be glad to help. I've only done a couple hundred biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.