Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT When working on 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CoolAirVw
When sawzall-smiley.gif or smash.gif your 914 be sure to wear your safety glasses or else.....
Mid_Engine_914
When I went to tech school the instructor wouldn’t let the students into the shop area unless we had our safety glasses on. Too many warnings and you were out of the program.
Brando
Any vision loss? sad.gif
thesey914
I've had this -Most painful thing I have had bar pre root canal abscess.
I was wearing safety specs -but now I wear proper goggles
CoolAirVw
QUOTE(Brando @ Nov 22 2006, 01:37 AM) *

Any vision loss? sad.gif

I smacked a axle and that spec shot into my eye. The whole side of my eye turned blood red instantly. It was so deep that it didn't scatch my eyelid and wasn't painful at all. Since it didn't hurt and I couldn't really see it due to the red I didn't go to the doctor. A week later it still didn't hurt but since the red had cleared up (the pic is from this time) I went to the doctor.

Had a little minor surgery. Process went like this...

1. They put me out to numb the eye.
2. Woke me up for the surgery. Couldn't move the eye or see anything but outlines. Everything was pure white.
3. Little cut, dig out the metal, one stitch.

Totally pain free. Later when I took the patch off and the numbness wore off the stitch scratched my eye and I was miserable because of it.

But Luckily no vision loss. If the metal hit the pupil 1/4 inch to the right it would have been a different story.

Considering vision correction? Doc said similar process and similar pain I went through but no stitch! Meaning.... it seems like it would be a breeze.
Flat VW
Shaggy?.....

Shaggy?.....

Wow, good advice on the safety glasses, I hope all ends well and that all mends well for you.

John wavey.gif
Sammy
Very good advice, but sometimes safety glasses alone are not enough.

In 1985 I was out on a job site and an old 2" galvanized air line ruptured. It shot rust and crap everywhere, including into both my eyes.

Minor surgery to remove the rusty metal but 1 whole week with no eye sight at all. Being blind sucks even if it's just for a little while. It changed my perspective a bit.

John
That pic brings tears to my eyes.

I'm a big Puss and can't stand to get anything in my eyes.

When I grind, I use safety glasses AND a grinding shield.

I hope you are better now.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.