Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Cooler Installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billd
I just installed my front Oil Cooler in my 914/6 conversion project and thought I would post some pictures.

Here's one of the brackets that I fabricated from 3/4" aluminum angle - most of the "machining" done with a sawsall.

Click to view attachment

Two of the brackets hold the cooler in place and provide a frame for the ducting - to be added after I have the car running.

Click to view attachment

Here are two detail photos showing the shock mounting. I use standard isolators at the bottom and a piece of aircraft silicone baffle seal (which will also be used to block airflow from bypassing the cooler) at the top.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
billd
Here's the completed installation with hoses connected. All that remains is to enlarge the openings in the front, cut some holes in the floor, add baffle seals, and box in the duct - all of these after the car is running again.

Click to view attachment
McMark
Cool! Quick and easy. I like it.
michel richard
Nice and simple.
Where does the hot air exhaust ?
DanT
very nice Bill. I like the way you used your support brackets for the cooler to also work as the frame work for the ducting... Less material = less weight for the next AX tool... smile.gif
billd
QUOTE(michel richard @ Nov 22 2006, 09:55 AM) *

Nice and simple.
Where does the hot air exhaust ?

The hot air will exhaust through holes in the floor that I will drill. Drilling the holes and installing the ducting is on the "after the car is running" list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.