Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 l-jet problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kylehall21
74 1.8 Got power to pump/builds good pressure, got spark,double relay seems ok, ---engine starts on starting fluid. injectors sprayed when I jumped to the battery, this is driving me crazy! the resistors show continuity, but not any resistance. could this be the problem? any help would be greatly appreciated especially ecu pin #'s & stuff- - I think I'll go burn my haynes manual now
Mueller
QUOTE(kylehall21 @ Nov 22 2006, 08:15 AM) *

74 1.8 Got power to pump/builds good pressure, got spark,double relay seems ok, ---engine starts on starting fluid. injectors sprayed when I jumped to the battery, this is driving me crazy! the resistors show continuity, but not any resistance. could this be the problem? any help would be greatly appreciated especially ecu pin #'s & stuff- - I think I'll go burn my haynes manual now

how did you check the double relay?

the double relay supplies voltage to the injectors with key on and the AFM open, the ECU grounds the injector in order for it to fire when it gets its signal from coil collapsing

the resistor pack should measure between 6 and 7 ohms (across each indivdual resistor)

each injector should have a value of ~ 3 ohms, hope you didn't fry them if you hooked them directly to 12vdc with no current limiting device

kylehall21
Resistors checked out good at 7 ohms. Injectors good. what kind of voltage should i get at the injectors? I have an extra computer & injection harness that i swapped out already with no success. the harnesses are slightly different though. i think one has the leads for an altitude compensator. other than that,they're the same......... right?
Cap'n Krusty
Go here: http://www.type2.com/bartnik/tech1.htm

Might have to scroll down. The link at the bottom no longer works, but the list of components has links to help you test them. The Cap'n
kylehall21
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 22 2006, 11:03 AM) *

Go here: http://www.type2.com/bartnik/tech1.htm

Might have to scroll down. The link at the bottom no longer works, but the list of components has links to help you test them. The Cap'n

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.