Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 targa top in vinyl?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HeloMech
Ok, so I'm arguing with this guy at work. I asked him to check with his cousin about redoing my seats. While he's on the phone with him, I hear him asking about the targa top. The "headliner" I can see as a maybe.. but he's telling me I'm totally wrong about the outside. I told him they are like textured fiberglass. Not vinyl. I don't even know of there ever even being an option for a vinyl covered targa top. I asked if maybe he was talking about the vinyl covering the roll bar. Nope, he insists that when he had his shop, the factory targa tops on the 914 were vinyl covered.

I think maybe he was smoke.gif

Anyone ever heard of this before?
Allan
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Nov 22 2006, 08:35 AM) *

I think maybe he was smoke.gif

agree.gif
Mueller
factory = textured 'glass

however, I have seen vinyl installed on a 914 targa top (he might also be thinking of the 911 targas which are a collapsable vinyl top)...

of the one 914 targa top I saw with the vinyl, it looked good except for on the sides where there is the "channel" or dip, the vinyl didn't go down fully into the dip and it looked odd.
drewvw

the targa top for my teener is wrapped in vinyl...pretty sure the PO had it done when he rewrapped the targa bar.

I like it and other 914 guys always notice it.
Aaron Cox
seen it done...
Gary
Maybe he's thinking the 911 targa top.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.