Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post-Thanksgiving Drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
This past Sunday Howard led a group up to the Ojai area for a drive. I couldn't make it, and it looked like a realy nice drive, so I'm planning on going this Saturday morning.

Weather on saturday for Ojai looks like sunny turning partly cloudy with a high in the 60s-70s.

I'm planning on following the route that Dekman made, and using their starting point...

Start at ~9:14 am at Starbucks (next to Riteaid) in Oak View (11484 N. Ventura Ave). You turn off the 101 on Hwy 33 to Ojai. Stay on the "33" all the way up to Ojai. Oak View is a small town you drive thru on the way up to Ojai.

My cell phone number is (310) 650-0457
I'll also take an FRS radio with me, and leave it on Channel 9, no PL

-Tony
TonyAKAVW
icon_bump.gif
TonyAKAVW
icon_bump.gif
KaptKaos
I think Sunday, I will be going to VCR, but I already have plans for Saturday morning. Besides, my little 1.7 couldn't keep up with the subby :-D
Carlitos Way
20% chance of attendance here
lybones
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Nov 22 2006, 10:59 AM) *

This past Sunday Howard led a group up to the Ojai area for a drive. I couldn't make it, and it looked like a realy nice drive, so I'm planning on going this Saturday morning.

Weather on saturday for Ojai looks like sunny turning partly cloudy with a high in the 60s-70s.

I'm planning on following the route that Dekman made, and using their starting point...

Start at ~9:14 am at Starbucks (next to Riteaid) in Oak View (11484 N. Ventura Ave). You turn off the 101 on Hwy 33 to Ojai. Stay on the "33" all the way up to Ojai. Oak View is a small town you drive thru on the way up to Ojai.

My cell phone number is (310) 650-0457
I'll also take an FRS radio with me, and leave it on Channel 9, no PL

-Tony

Tony,

Looks like a fun run. How long of a drive from start to finish? Just weighing in the thrill factor vs driving out there early in the morning from OC.(possibly hungover, too drunk.gif )
Crazyhippy
it's as much "fun driving as you can handle in one day...

an hour and a half to lockwood valley turn (near flying J on the map) @ a decent clip, and one stop.

I destroyed a set of cheap tires in htat part, so dont know about the rest, but from Dekman and Howards description, it gets to be even more fun...

It's well worth the drive, beats Mullholand by a factor of 10. No idiots, no cops (ok, i saw 2, both going the other way, and neither even looked @ us crosseyed) Great sites, well maintained roads... it's heaven really.

BJH
TonyAKAVW
I'm up for starting a bit later. I don't like getting up early at all, and from what I've been reading these roads don't get much traffic.

-Tony
dekman
So you boys want to drive "The Ring?" I might be talked into it again...... idea.gif Howard said he was exhausted after his drive....kind'a like a 2 1/2 hr "Targa Florio" through small towns, 5,000+ mountain roads(occasional snow), water crossings, a "ring section", a Le Mans Mulsanne straight(hit 130 behind a F430), and a curving rythm section back down to Ojai. Endurance run...Real Men only....not for wimps or whiners! You will be tired. Here's a couple of pic's(bike went off..was being pulled up.)
dekman
Couple more....Howard brought the "Water Pumper w/3.4"... (I think he's faster in Suzie!"). PCA Ventura went by(~45 cars)...cruising slowly(boring). Howard looking for a tree. And waiting at the end of "the Ring". beerchug.gif
Heywood
I could do that drive again!
TonyAKAVW
Dangit. I got talked into doing Palomar in San Diego county by relatives today at Thanksgiving. So I won't be there this weekend for the California Nurbugring. But if anyone wants to come down to Northern San Diego county (or anyone in SD) we will be leaving from Carlsbad earlyish Saturday morning.

Dekman: nice pics! can't wait to do that drive.

-Tony
dekman
Just let me know.......Happy Thanksgiving to ALL! wavey.gif
Heywood
Im out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.