Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is the headlight switch Illuminated?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
My hazard pull switch is very dull red until it's pulled but the headlight pull switch is never illuminated at all... actually it's kinda old looking. Is there replacements that have built in bulbs?

Doug C
JPB
Illuminated, mine ain't and I don't think they ever did but could be wrong for the later years.

Eliminated and all it's finctions, ahh now your talking happy11.gif

beer.gif They ain't cheap so don't ever throw it away since someone will need one or parts.
Literati914
Thanks JBP, you kind of lost me on the Eliminated thing? but anyway thanks.

So that's it..no light when it's pulled?...why? Wonder if a spare fog light switch could be used in it's place. I'd just like to have the light glowing while I'm driving at night, you know to brighten up the interior, no other reason really.

Doug C
terrymason
Mine's the same way. The fog light is lit up, but the headlight is not.

I don't think they are lit from the factory

IPB Image
vertigo
No light for main lights. Fog light switch lights up. If you unscrew them both you cqn see the headlight knob is different.
McMark
No light up, and no swapping switches. It is they way it is. Live with it. wink.gif
SirAndy
So that's it..no light when it's pulled?...why?

uhm, maybe because you got an indicator for lowbeams and one for highbeams in your gauges?

just a thought ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
Literati914
Yea, but if you were in a dark car it would be nice (and easier) to see where the pull switch was... especially since it's used more often than the others (theoretically) JMHO. But, OK - I'll learn to live with it I guess. Just asking in case you guys knew of a way to do it. Maybe I should develope a product and get rich off all the 914 cheapskates (of which I am the biggest, BTW) smile.gif .

Doug C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.