Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G50 Gearbox
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris Julian
Hi Guys,

Need a little help on a G50 gearbox ID. WTF.gif

G50051 003933

This is a number that is stamped into the bottom of the box.

Can any one identify it?

Thanks, Chris Julian

Brad Roberts
1994 Carrera 5 speed is my best guess

G500051 starts in 1992

003933 with G500051 doesnt start until 1994

You gotta get PET man... and learn it..LOL

B
Brad Roberts
Just for reference:

G500052 is Turbo is 1990+up Turbo until 993TT

G502021 is 6 speed 993
G502211 is later 993 6 speed

B
wbergtho
If it is a G50/50 from an 89 turbo...you have yourself a very strong and rare box for your V-8 torque. Bobby Hart @ California Motorsports will be able to give you the final answer on what it is exactly. He's also a good source to have it transformed into a sideshifter (cable actuated) with his trick billet pieces. BIG $$$ though.......
Brad Roberts
G5050's actually start with G5050 part numbers and then 1K or 2K.. his starts with

G500051 and 00 not 1K or 2K

B
Brad Roberts
Chris..

I know you.. look for a GT3 6 speed cable shifted. It is a tad larger, but well worth it.

The GT3 parts to make one cable shifted is not that bad.. Bobby may he selling his own solution, but several others out there are converting them using stock parts.

B
Chris Julian
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 22 2006, 04:16 PM) *

Chris..

I know you.. look for a GT3 6 speed cable shifted. It is a tad larger, but well worth it.

The GT3 parts to make one cable shifted is not that bad.. Bobby may he selling his own solution, but several others out there are converting them using stock parts.

B

I thought that I wouldn't have to play this game.

The seller of this box was sure it was a G50/50 . I knew it was too good to be true.
The box is brand new and he only wanted $4700. I may offer him 3K and beef it up and change the gearing.

Or- it's back to the drawing board.

Chris
LvSteveH
With strong V8 torque on tap, I'd suggest staying with the 5 speed vs the 6 speed, but that's just me. The G50/50 has a little better ratios and is a stronger as I'm sure you know. It's also the early style shorter box. The G50/52 is the longer 964 style with the rubber donut mount on the back.

The Ultima will work with either the early short G50 or the late style, but you should specify which one you want when you order so they set it up for the proper mount.
Brad Roberts
Found my pics!!

Here is the GT3 box. They come standard with the cooler. This one is out of a GT3R.. same tranny they used for the GT3 street cars for 01-05

All the adpaters and clutch components for the G50.. bolt right up!! I could bolt a 356 engine to this one..LOL

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.