Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun ride today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
Drove out to Hemet today to fly a sail plane. Stopped at the Look Out Road House, Ortega Highway, Cleveland National Forest. This is overlooking Lake Elsinore. I used to do some skydiving in the right side of the pic back in...Well it was a long time ago.
Elliot_Cannon
La Pantera Negra.
Elliot_Cannon
wun mo
bernbomb914
tell us about the sail plane flight

Bernie
Elliot_Cannon
Beutiful drive and three flights in a Sailplane. Close to a perfect day. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
So.Cal.914
I love that road, took care of a Girl Scout camp up there in the late 70's.

Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Nov 22 2006, 06:49 PM) *

Bernie

I used to fly Sailplanes back in my skydiving days. If it was too windy to jump, I just walked across the field and flew for as long as I could stay up. I decided to take it up again since I retired. It's a very relaxing and satisfying type of flying.

Cheers, Elliot
lybones
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 22 2006, 06:53 PM) *

QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Nov 22 2006, 06:49 PM) *

Bernie

I used to fly Sailplanes back in my skydiving days. If it was too windy to jump, I just walked across the field and flew for as long as I could stay up. I decided to take it up again since I retired. It's a very relaxing and satisfying type of flying.

Cheers, Elliot

Some people just have it way to hard. wink.gif

Now I know what you mean by "no bad days". biggrin.gif
Howard
Choices:

Should I jump out of a perfectly good airplane or just get into one without a motor?

You are truly a 914 kinda guy. Get a job before you hurt yourself. alfred.gif biggrin.gif
PS. Car looks great, but hey, I was always partial to 4's poke.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 22 2006, 06:47 PM) *

La Pantera Negra.

Great pics ! Wheenever we have a run over the Ortega, seems like the view get lost. Love the lookout, used to wine ane /dine there back in the '80's. Great place for a quiet lunch. They have patio seating on the other side.

Thanks for sharing...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.