Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wellp, it finally happened
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
It was only a matter of time. Thing locks difficulty, will barely unluck and won't open from the outside. Between this and the master/slave clutch cylinders on my 944 going south, I finally have things I can do simply on my cars. Does anyone make repro plastic pieces that go over the door handle to actuate the opening lever in the door yet?
Elliot_Cannon
Leave the roof off and you don't need to open the door. LOL
Elliot
Coy
Automobile Atlanta sells a plastic reproduction piece that was reasonably priced. I got two, 'cause you know it's just a matter of time now, until the other side fails.
Grimstead
I'm pretty sure I have one for you, if you can wait till early next week when I'm back in town
Cap'n Krusty
GPR, Pelican, almost any P car parts place carries the piece you need. Regular preventive maintenance, i.e., lubing the latch assembly yearly, will prevent this from happening. if you don't do this when you replace the plastic part, you'll soon be back in there. The Cap'n
URY914
I've seen the new black plastic sliders fail if you don't keep things clean and lubed. The problem with the new ones is they bend without breaking. So you go to all the trouble of taking the handle off and it looks good, but doen't work when installed.

Lesson learned: Keep it clean, lubed and use it..... happy11.gif
Brando
Anyone make a brass or aluminum repro piece? I'd prefer it not to break in the future...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.