Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought a CHT Gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I finally invested in a CHT gauge. This is the one I got.
IPB Image

I wanted to get a temperature compensating model. VDO CHT gauges read high or low depending on the ambient temperature in the cabin. And as a bonus, this model is about $15 cheaper than the VDO. wink.gif

It should be here Saturday, and then I get to install it. It will be interesting to see what my head temps are running at with 9.5:1 compression.

I wanted to get a baseline of CHT and oil temps before I pull the motor and upgrade the cam.
Hammy
Looks cool Mark.
I like the temperature compensation
I've been meaning to get a CHT gauge for myself.

Do you know if it comes with the sender and wires?
McMark
You can buy them on the same site. Click on Instruments and the Probes & Senders. You need the 14mm setup. I can get you part numbers if you need them.
bd1308
I bought one from Dakota Digital. I like it, it compensates too.

Nice job though, there's something about analog gauges...
Demick
Gotta laugh at the description. They advertise 2% accuracy, but you can only read the gauge to about the nearest 25 degrees.
PinetreePorsche
So where does this one read the temp, and what do you have to do to install the sensor land lead? -Chris H.
McMark
The thermocouple (sender) goes under the #3 spark plug. Just unscrew the plug, slip the thermocouple around it like a washer, and then screw it back in. Route the wire through the factory harness and to the gauge. No problem. I'll take pictures when I install mine, should take about an hour.
PinetreePorsche
OK--even went to the spruce link and looked at it. Still don't know: what does 1-2-3 and 2-4-6 refer to? Hundreds of degrees? Why not 180 to 34o, spread across the dial? Why am I clueless? -Chris H
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.