Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cruzing
I have a stock oil tank, what about the hoses to connect to the stock 911S oil cooler, any idea's on a good way to do it?

thanks...smile.gif
michel richard
I think you need to be more specific with your question. I understand that you have a stock 914-6 oil tank, in the stock location. What's not clear is what you mean by "stock 911S cooler". There were several different 911 oil coolers over the years, some were the same as on other 911 cars, some not. Also, you don't mention location of the oil cooler. Actually, you don't even say if you mean the on-engine cooler or a front-mounted oil cooler.
There have been a number of threads discussing this, perhaps you can start with a search of the site. A number of members will be glad to help with specific questions.

Michel Richard
Kerrys914
I'll take a guess at the question and here is my answer to my quess;

The stock 911s oil cooler will not work in a 914-6, unless you mod the oil cooler. Do a search on the 914-6 oil cooler and you should see some past threads.

You can get OEM hoses if you wish and have funding $$$ or you can make you own with some AN hose and fittings.

Cheers
SLITS
Do yourself a favor and use the metric adators & AN lines. I've already been through this with stock lines. I used a stock oil tank, hard line and stock 914/6 cooler on a 2.4 T motor.

The fittings on a stock 914/6 oil tank that came on the 2.0 L engine are smaller in diameter than the later engines. I had to change the block fitting to the earlier size on my 2.4 to accomodate the 914/6 hardline.

You must have the fitting on the oil cooler welded on and turned 90 degrees so that the hose connection is facing the front of the car or obtain a stock 914/6 cooler.

There are two hoses from the tank to the cooler. Their connection is where you drain the oil from the engine oiling system.

Depending upon the engine mount, you may or may not be able to use the stock 914/6 hardline (scavenge line from the engine) and then you have to come up with the correct length "short hose) that goes from the hardline to the tank. New hardlines are available from Aase Sales for about $300. The short hose can be obtained new (aftermarket).

Pelican sells a "kit" for around $400. Patrick Motorsports has the components listed on their site (metric to AN adaptors), etc.

After you have done all of the above, you may or may not find your engine running hot oil temps and wind up having to install a remote oil cooler to supplement the on-board engine cooler. This is where I am at and will find out if the additional cooler fixes my problem or if I just have a glitchy engine.

Never do a six conversion!!!! mad.gif !!! it's just a pain in the ass.

Cap'n Krusty
So if I install a 911S cooler on a 911T, will it be cooler? The Cap'n, feelin' rowdy today .......
michel richard
Also, you seem to refer to a sportomatic oil tank. I'm not sure what that is , but I'm pretty sure it's not connected to an oil cooler, at least not directly. Very very few 914-6 with sporto, and I suspect very very few 911S with sporto too.
QSL914
Go to an industrial / hydaulic hose shop. You can use adapters asuming your cooler has female pipe threads, and hydraulic 100r5 hose with re-usable fittings. The one big problem is the threads on the oil tank. One of them was wierd so I needed to cut off the end of the original hose and weld on a male AN fitting to convert it to standard. I did this for a good friend of mine. I run a hydraulic hose shop in Anahiem, but thats a tad far for you. Down in san diego there is a hose-pros, metro fluid power and a couple parker stores. You will need to bring your cooler and tank so they can identify the threads. Do you need to run hoses to the engine too?
Cruzing
Happy Thanks Giving everyone,,,... smile.gif

the oil tank is the stock sportmatic that came with the 914/6, the motor is a 1974 911 E/T block, 911S built, the size is 2.4 liter,

You have all given great responses, now I need to find the least expensive one to do... smile.gif

you can see more info and progress on my project here...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=63648
Mueller
where did you get the 914/6 sportomatic oil tank??

do you know where the rest of the car is??

jd74914
From Grant IIRC
Trekkor
Grant gave it to him. clap56.gif

KT
michel richard
Do you have pictures of that oil tank ?
davep
A large number of the sporto 914/6 tanks were dumped on the market a few years ago. I guess they had a ton left over after production, and there wasn't much of a market for them. They were unloaded at a low price, and sold out quickly I think.
Cruzing
I have printed out all your options, will find out what Volker recommends and post results later
Cruzing
QUOTE(Cruzing @ Nov 25 2006, 12:39 PM) *

I have printed out all your options, will find out what Volker recommends and post results later

Called the Porshe dealer, 2-hoses are left in Germany, oil cooler for 914/6 none and hoses connecting cooler to oil tank none are in factory inventory... sad.gif

I will be building customs at Volkers, info and pic's soon.. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.