Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sc front suspension questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
i just took apart a front sc suspension....and the torsion bars are rusted on one side...are they usable? or is it recomended to get new ones...can i go heavier, (they have thirty splines).
second question... any one have a matching control arm....as you can see...one is shot
swood
Hard to tell, doesn't look too bad. But if you're getting wear or pitting from rust, it's a weak spot prone to failure. You should be able to find some replacements fairly easy, I did. Or just upgrade to a new aftermarket set.

pete-stevers
where does one find aftermarket torsion bars?? there is a small nick on one of them from the damaged control arm.
and which ones will be similar or stiffer to the ones pictured
thanks
Krieger
Try pelicanparts.com or ottosvenice.com or gprparts.com These are great resources that have been around for years. flag.gif
swood
I just meant a new set, not new OEM bars. I recently was at Ottos looking for a used replacement pair and he didn't have any. I posted a WTB ad for them here and got a few responses.
pete-stevers
i contacted ottos....to see if "he" has any torsion bars....
Aaron Cox
21mm weltmeister or sway away bars are a nice stiff ness on the streeeeet
Jeroen
Steve, you can order your torsionbars from Tarret as well...
Joe Bob
When I redid my SC for track duty, I found some amazing deals on used stuff that people buy and don't use.....t-bars, shocks and adjustable springs plates.....I didn't have to buy anything new and got them for 50% off the retail prices.

Post a WTB ad in the 911 section over at Pelican and join rennlist for a couple of weeks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.