Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving to OKC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MBowman325
After some negotiations on date and with compensation talks again on Monday, I WILL be moving up to OKC sometime within the next two weeks. I've already narrowed the list of houses down to three with only two of them being likely. One is at 507 Mark in Yukon, and the other is somewhere around the intersection of 22nd or 23rd and Redmond in Bethany. Both are 3 bed, 2 car garage and pet friendly, the latter two were required, so it was a short list of houses to rent. There's a third on NE 16th over in Midwest City that I'll look at, but I think I'd rather live closer to work.

Anyways, I'll be back up there tomorrow to have a look at the one in Bethany and look over the one in Yukon again, and if everything goes well, I'll start moving next weekend. It'll still be a quick transition, as I'll leave the bank (at the latest, they may kick me out earlier) on the 8th, and I'll start work on the 11th at Dell.

Gotta admit, it was odd not seeing any Texas flags flying anywhere... But you guys have cheap water!! biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the help on the previous thread!

Mike
mrhurtalot
i really think youd like yukon alot. easy access everywhere.
okieflyr
I owned my home for several years by 39th and Rockwell.
In general, 23rd street is a transiant section of town that borders the less desirable part of OKC. I lived in Bethany and liked it, but can't say how it is lately. Since your probably renting, It will give you time to know the area before you buy... I do miss the MEXICAN FOOD! chowtime.gif KB

QUOTE(MBowman325 @ Nov 24 2006, 11:02 AM) *

After some negotiations on date and with compensation talks again on Monday, I WILL be moving up to OKC sometime within the next two weeks. I've already narrowed the list of houses down to three with only two of them being likely. One is at 507 Mark in Yukon, and the other is somewhere around the intersection of 22nd or 23rd and Redmond in Bethany. Both are 3 bed, 2 car garage and pet friendly, the latter two were required, so it was a short list of houses to rent. There's a third on NE 16th over in Midwest City that I'll look at, but I think I'd rather live closer to work.

Anyways, I'll be back up there tomorrow to have a look at the one in Bethany and look over the one in Yukon again, and if everything goes well, I'll start moving next weekend. It'll still be a quick transition, as I'll leave the bank (at the latest, they may kick me out earlier) on the 8th, and I'll start work on the 11th at Dell.

Gotta admit, it was odd not seeing any Texas flags flying anywhere... But you guys have cheap water!! biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the help on the previous thread!

Mike

vanaman
i would suggest the yukon area. the 23rd st. area isnt usually the best area.
oh and bethany imports is a cool shop. i hope you like okc. also the deercreek area is really nice.

steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.