Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grelber
Ok, my headlights worked fine a month ago. Last night I was driving home, hit the high beams, and the headlights went out. Switched back to low beams and they work fine (on low). Hit the high beams again, and they didn't go out, but the low beams stayed on.

Now, the high beams don't come on, and every 5th or 6th time I hit the switch, the headlights completely go out.

Grounds? (wouild [probably affect both high and low beams) Switch? Relay? Wiring?

Help me, Mr. Wizard.............

TheCabinetmaker
headlight relay bad.
Grelber
Is the headlight relay on the fuse/relay board? I know where the headlight motor relays are.

SLITS
QUOTE(Grelber @ Nov 24 2006, 10:10 AM) *

Is the headlight relay on the fuse/relay board? I know where the headlight motor relays are.

Yep, fuse panel!
Grelber
Thanks. One last question, can I get relays at my FLAPS, or do I need to go to PP or other?
Triaddave
on my 75 car i had the same problem. it was the switch. try turning the lights on and wiggle the knob. the switch for the 75 car is like $480.00 new. the 74 and 76 switch does not fit the 75 car...
Grelber
The switch on the dash, or the high/low stem on the column?
SLITS
From Pelican Parts site

Headlight Relay

Headlamp Relay, 914 1.7/1.8/2.0 (1970-76), Each
Brand: Meyle [Photo]

111-941-583-M155 $29.00
Triaddave
the switch on the dash is where my probley was.
ps, at the cost i still have'nt replaced it. thank gosh the fogs work, and i try not to drive in the dark
Grelber
Thanks. There's a couple on ebay right now. I'll see if I can grab one of them. (Both are the right years as well).
dinomium
QUOTE(Triaddave @ Nov 24 2006, 10:45 AM) *

the switch on the dash is where my probley was.
ps, at the cost i still have'nt replaced it. thank gosh the fogs work, and i try not to drive in the dark

There is a how to repair article on PP
JPB
The samba has a switch also for like $35 I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.