Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: auto atlanta? the s.e. valance saga...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
here we go. after the piece of junk i got and returned to gpr (via performance products?). as a last resort i broke down and ordered one from the company celibrating 25 years serving the 914 community. they offer 3 models. the "economy version (not our mold!)" for $60, the one "made from our (their) precise molds" for $80, and a factory one for $381.

i wisely ordered the one " from the precise mold". "is the part in stock?", "yes it is.", "when will it ship?", "today or tomorrow.", "great, how much is shipping?". "that i can't tell you sir". he was such a polite young man. well the shipping was $80 + $15 for s/h, + a mystery $10 more for something refered to as "other".

i opened the box. it made the one from gpr/pp look like a work of art. the fit was WORSE!! no gel coat, voids everywhere, mold fashings trimmed with what looked like a hacksaw. so the part and the 5 lbs of shredded paper go back in the box. then straight to the phone. told the polite young man they must have sent me the wrong valance. the ordeal/explination/being put on hold while he speaks to big george. they will send me another one AFTER prefitting it to a car in their possesion. SUPER!! i asked to have a tracking number emailed or phoned to me. i was assured they would. this was last thurs.

forward to yest (tues). called AGAIN. the ordeal re tracking #. put on hold again. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY OF THE "PRECISE MOLD" ONES IN STOCK!!! wtf, wtf. i lost it. "WHEN IS THE NEXT RUN OF THE ONES FROM YOUR "PRECISE MOLDS?", " i don't know sir "."WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SEND ME", "can i put you on hold?", "ONLY IF YOU MAKE IT FAST", " i can't talk to shipping right now sir, they are very busy". headbang.gif "FINE, SEND ME A PREPAID RETURN SLIP VIA PRIORTY MAIL", " that's not our policy sir", "WELL THAT'S MY POLICY AND I'M CALLING VISA AS SOON AS I GET OFF THE PHONE WITH YOU", "can i put you on hold for a minute sir?" headbang.gif headbang.gif , "YOU'VE GOT EXACTLY 60 SECONDS". " your return slip will be sent to you sir". i'm holding my breath.

oh, the $10 other on the billing. that's for oversized box. i measured it and pointed out that it was under ups's oversize limits. "can i put you on hold for a minute sir?". roll tape of phone slamming into base. and aa doen't have a toll free number because they would have to pass that extra cost on to the customers, ie: keeping their prices low.

kevin
"my world for a valance that fits"
Bleyseng
Hmmm, sounds like fun Kevin! Kinda like most of my experiences with aa. Try calling Gary at PartsObsolete as he had a few LE ones in stock awhile back.

I had a PP one that fit pretty good until I hit something with it and it exploded.

Yep, I'm baccckk!!

Geoff
Red-Beard
Welcome to the world of "Internet Whiners".
rhodyguy
welcome home geoff. now i KNOW i will stay out of seattle laugh.gif . write rich a check and i'll give you $10 more for the one you have for him. james, make me a badge and i'll proudly wear it.

kevin
Brad Roberts
Yep.

All I need is their catalog and their customer list and I could blow away their sales/service.

George was very smart when it came to the catalog and buying DMV lists.. Wish I would have thought of it sooner.

B
campbellcj
I have to confess, I have purchased 2-3 smallish parts from AA on ebay recently. And believe it or not, I actually got them with zero fuss and semi-reasonable shipping charges. Would I deal wiith them if other people had the part for a similar cost...or away from the semi-sheltered waters of ebay? No 'effin way.

I had an SE/LE spoiler on my last teener but don't recall where I got it. It was a very nice quality piece IIRC. It was probably from one of the "PP" places here in LA.
ChrisReale
Well, Kevin you have convinced me not to deal with AA ever in my life. I was going back and forth, thinking about giving them a chance...but now, hell no. Yo bare my savior Kevin, thank you wub.gif ..... unsure.gif
Qarl
Ummm.... even Bart knows better...
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I am still waiying for a small part that was put on back order from A.A. in Oct. 2000.
However I rarely will buy something I need of theres on E-Bay,so far good results. However nothing over $20.00 ,i figure it,s like playing the lottery. I talking about things like ,Porsche Money Clip, Porsche Key Ring. For the life of me , How have they remained in business for 25 yrs.
I am serious as a small business owner I bust my ass to take care of my coustomer base.
We have to have someone in the club with a M.B.A. . I would love to here there explaination on how a business can
do this and remain for 25 yrs.
I feel better for venting. Dave smilie_flagge6.gif
redshift
-sigh-

Ok, one more time...

Congress watches Roseanne reruns, and decide the political subject of a 10 year old TV show needs more money, so they draw up a bill.. that is then picked apart (I mean added to) by an appropriations committee made up of people who have never experienced true love.. the bill draws rave reviews from the NY Times, and in a midnight session, called by the most evil of causus members, they add $30,000,000,000,000.00 for research into how light works, and the bill passes without one peep from the constituents.

What were we talking about?

M
rhodyguy
when they ebay stuff, and post a picture, they are showing you that at least they have the item in stock.

kevin
"visualize whirled peas"
Bleyseng
They have too,Kevin, for their internet sales. If they use the bait and switch part method the Feds will be knocking on their door quick for the Federal crime of mail fraud. I would persue the problem with this in your next letter. Any kind of internet sale is considered a mail sale and the FBI will investigate.
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.