Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changed front end to 911 5 lug and turbo tie rods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rat
Is it possible the A arms rotated down while the car was on jack stands? there is about 5 inches of clearence from the fender lip and the 205 tire. WTF.gif ,It kinda has that monster truck look without knobby tires. I installed 911T front struts with bilstein inserts,turbo tie rods, ball joints and a weltmeister front sway bar.What could make it sit up so high?It was on jackstands for about 2 months. I think the A arms sagged down while it was on the jack stands but it hasnt come down any and its been on the ground for about 3 days.Any feedback would be appreciated.
eeyore
Take the adjuster caps off the back end of the torsion bars and re-clock them?
Eric_Shea
Follow the factory procedure for indexing the arms:

Take the caps off as Mark suggests. Use a tire tool or large rod to push/extend the a-arms down all the way (as far as the shock will allow). Put the cap back on leaving as little clearance at the lever adjusting point as possible. Coat the adjusting screw threads with MoS2 grease and lightly tighten the screw in place. Put the car back on the ground. Set the ride height by turning the adjusters.

Also: Make sure they're not later SC struts (I know you said 911T) with spacers at the top for US ride height. If so, remove the spacers.
snflupigus
has the car just come down or has it rolled? My camaro tires angle in when i lift the front off the ground, until the tires are rolled out to flat they stay angled and lift the front end...

before you go adjusting all your stuff... i'm hoping for a simple solution smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.