Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Changes to Evilbay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
If you haven't noticed, there has been a change to the bidding process on evilbay. Now, when someone bids on an item, it does not show the bidder's ID except to the seller. They did this to stop fraud.

What you see now is Bidder 1, Bidder 2, etc.. Instead of the Bidders name and their feedback number.

People have been sending second chance offers to bidders that did not win. The problem is that the second chance offers are from scam artists.

So the change should help stop that kind of fraud, but it totally hides the problem of shill bidding which really annoys me. Since you can not see the bidders or their feedback, you can't really tell if they are legitimate bidders or not. I have backed out of auctions where I have suspected shill bidding.

So anyway, the second chance fraud should die down, but shill bidding will only get worse.

The more you know.

YMMV
JB 914
i don't buy as much on Ebay as i used too. i simply find items and determine what i think is a "fair price" factoring shipping, ect.

i bid what i think is fair toward the end of the auction. if i win great. if not, i move on.

i don't get into bidding wars. if someone tries to "shill" the auction then they end up with the item.
chilli
QUOTE(JB 914 @ Nov 24 2006, 04:11 PM) *

i don't buy as much on Ebay as i used too. i simply find items and determine what i think is a "fair price" factoring shipping, ect.

i bid what i think is fair toward the end of the auction. if i win great. if not, i move on.

i don't get into bidding wars. if someone tries to "shill" the auction then they end up with the item.

Good way to do it, same here and have been doing just that for years.
I usually check amazon to see what I can get for it new and bid accordingly.

ALWAYS factor in shipping. Latest game by sellers is to low ball price, including buy it now, and jack up shipping. Ebay does not charge their fees on shipping. Paypal of course charges their fees on the total. (for sellers)

mike driving.gif driving.gif
whatabout1
I like it, except;

When I really wanted something, I could see what the other bidders
had purchased in the past. Then judge how much it would cost to stay
in the auction.

If the guy had bid $10K on $100 stuff.........

bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.