Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Tin on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
KenH
There is 914-6 tin on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-914...sspagenameZWDVW

It appears to me that the long part at the top of the picture has been cutout on the right side. Maybe the middle cut has been modified also.

Soo I emailed the seller and asked him about it.

His Reply

"IT IS ORIGINAL AND ONE OF 3 OR MORE VARIATIONS ON 914-6 ENGINE TIN."

He also said Buzz-off and not to bother him again.

What do you think - are there are 3 variations of 914-6 Tin????

Ken
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(KenH @ Nov 24 2006, 10:52 PM) *

There is 914-6 tin on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-914...sspagenameZWDVW

It appears to me that the long part at the top of the picture has been cutout on the right side. Maybe the middle cut has been modified also.

Soo I emailed the seller and asked him about it.

His Reply

"IT IS ORIGINAL AND ONE OF 3 OR MORE VARIATIONS ON 914-6 ENGINE TIN."

He also said Buzz-off and not to bother him again.

What do you think - are there are 3 variations of 914-6 Tin????

Ken

Well, I am NOT an expert on 914 engine tin, but it DOES look to me like it has been modified in at least one place - maybe 2.

There "may" have been factory mods for special cars, but the mainstream 914/6's that I have docs for had one form of tin. The front piece looks to me to have been modified. Remeber, i am no expert on 914/6's.

However, if he told you to buzz off, I think I would. Don't know the context of the messages, but that's no way to sell something - though he has 100% feedback.

Don't take my word for it - there are experts who will (hopefully) share thier views.
Pat
smontanaro
Can you leave negative feedback for someone from whom you didn't purchase something?

Plus, why would you powder coat a piece of tin that had purportedly never been on a car? At worst it should be repainted in the original color if the intent was to make it "PERFECT,CONCOURS IN EVERY WAY, READY FOR SHOW CAR"?

Skip
KenH
As far as I know you can only leave FB about purchases.
My question to him was legitiment in that maybe there was some differences in the Tin.
I was putting it politly when I said he said "buzz-off".
Based on the description somebody may spend a lot of money and then find a problem.
Ken
tod914
You can't leave feed back buy. It's up to the potential buyer to do his due dilligence.
gms
I believe that is Jim Lapossa (sp?) from indy.
I bought lots of stuff from him over the years, never had an issue???

the long part at the top of the picture has been cutout on the right side...
Could be for Carrera chain tensioners.

IMHO I would powdercoat NOS sheet metal, especially 6 stuff.
KenH
Well at least nobody got a potential wrong part.

$433.88 did not meet the Reserve.

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.