A month ago, my 914 all of a sudden wouldn't turn off with the key and the saga began...

Symptoms: car wouldn't turn off and generator light and oil light wouldn't turn off.

**some suggested that the light bulb for the generator light was causing this problem--if it shorts out, or burns out---NOPE!

**others said diodes in gen went bad...replaced both alt and regulator---NOPE!

**Bad grounds--replaced/cleaned all grounds--NOPE!

**one member said coil wires were reversed...told me to connect the green wire to the positive terminal of coil---NOPE--just fried my compufire. I should of confirmed this suggestion.

**best advice was to pull all the red wires that meet at the positive terminal and trace each circuit backward looking for the failure point.

What I found was the relay (I think it's a relay) under the battery. One of the red wires that connect to it had worked it's way loose and was dangling, hidden by the battery tray. Just that one wire disconnected caused the run-on of the engine, the gen an oil lights from not turning off and I presume a re-routing of the power which had a bunch of real wierd symptoms.

I appreciate all those who chimed-in and tried to help me troubleshoot my problem. I'll be looking forward to driving once again...
Mark