Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need GPS recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chunger
Hello,

I have lots of family over for Thanksgiving, and my mother in law needs a GPS. They just found out they are moving to the east coast, and she's very not good with directions in general. She's also incidentally technologically challenged. The father-in-law would very much like for her to have a reliable GPS for driving directions.

Criteria in order of importance:

1. Easiest interface possible. . . (few buttons and straight forward)
2. General stability and reliability (speed to acquire satelites, etc.)
3. price

Needed features

1. Turn by turn directions
2. Accurate maps preferrably straight out of the box
3. Decent sized display (for older eyes)

Please let me know what you think would be good. The expected price range is roughly $300-$500, but it really comes down to finding one that's useable for her. If it costs more, no problem.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(chunger @ Nov 24 2006, 07:57 PM) *

Hello,

I have lots of family over for Thanksgiving, and my mother in law needs a GPS. They just found out they are moving to the east coast, and she's very not good with directions in general. She's also incidentally technologically challenged. The father-in-law would very much like for her to have a reliable GPS for driving directions.

Criteria in order of importance:

1. Easiest interface possible. . . (few buttons and straight forward)
2. General stability and reliability (speed to acquire satelites, etc.)
3. price

Needed features

1. Turn by turn directions
2. Accurate maps preferrably straight out of the box
3. Decent sized display (for older eyes)

Please let me know what you think would be good. The expected price range is roughly $300-$500, but it really comes down to finding one that's useable for her. If it costs more, no problem.

I use GPS daily and I am on my second unit. The Garmin 2620 I use is fairly easy but I understand the Tom-Tom is extremely easy to use.
She is probably ok with most as they have gotten very user friendly over the last couple of years...
Rob
Twystd1
Technically Challenged........

HHHHmmmmmmm.........,

Lets see.... How does my mom think......?????

Answer: "Thomas Guide Book" at Staples for 24 bucks.
She can read pretty good.

clap56.gif confused24.gif screwy.gif bye1.gif

C

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.