Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black on Bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
elsargento
sawzall-smiley.gif
I need to refinsh the black on my front bumper...Blisters and peeling..any suggestions? I was thinking about flat black vinyl spray.
Krieger
I had black painted bumpers on one of my cars and every couple years I'd have to repaint. I never found a good paint that resisted chipping. How about powder coating? That stuff is pretty tuff.
736conver
welcome.png

Are you talking about the front black rubber piece or the whole bumper?
Borderline
When I bought my Datsun a few years ago the rubber around the windows was pretty sad. I tried a lot of junk but the best thing I found was some black dye from Griot's Garage. I put several coats on and it eventually go to looking good. It also lasts pretty well. I put it on several years ago and it still looks good. the container was on the small side and it may get expensive to do a whole bumper. Good luck smile.gif
elsargento
[/color][/b][color=#3366FF]I'm going to to try and post some pics of the bumper..it is the top black piece on the chrome front bumper sawzall-smiley.gif
736conver
It looks like it may have been painted before and just had bad prep. I dont have any been there done that advice, but I am guessing the PO (previous owner) painted it because they were trying to cover up other damage or a faded top. If it is just faded it can be restore with numerous rubber treatment. The problem is you have to get the paint off first. If it is painted now.
Ferg
I sanded and painted one pair, I used a small hand held sander to get it smooth, and then used Dupli-Color bumper coating. It looked great after I was done, after 2 years, I had a few hairline cracks in the paint, but still much better than before.

Ferg
ruddyboys
could you try that fusion paint? I know it works great on plastic, not sure rubber.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.