Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 930 TRANY anoyone?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
Not mine but this might be a good start for one of you fellas. biggrin.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-930...sspagenameZWDVW
Mueller
too bad it'll cost another couple of grand to flip the R&P.....

of course if one was to build a V8 911, it would be nice as is idea.gif biggrin.gif
Brett W
Flip the whole tranny. Don't bother with the ring and pinion. If you have aV8 it will get the engine down a lot lower in the chassis. This is one of the issues I am having right now with my race car.

With the axles level the tranny has to sit at about 9 inches off the ground. That puts my engine way up in the air. If I could flip the tranny upside down I would gain several inches.
Andyrew
would be a terrible v8 trani...

the gearing is ALLL wrong. 145 top speed at 7200rpms? thats worse than the 901!!!
wbergtho

the gearing is ALLL wrong. 145 top speed at 7200rpms? thats worse than the 901!!!

If it was stock gears...you'd be styling!
JPB
Strap on a Suby 2.5 STI ballanced for 10K RPMS and 500+ ponies and ya might have something there. biggrin.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Nov 26 2006, 12:51 AM) *

If it was stock gears...you'd be styling!

Yup... but this one is a "race" trani... close ratio, low top speed for a track.

3krpm's at 60mph, 4k at 80mph..
Mike T
Looks like a good a good autocross tranny for my V8 car. But $4900? Yikes!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.