Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Might be a good project - '71 /6 #9141430292 on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
No connection, just FYI. There's a '71 914/6 for sale on eBay. Location: Ohio. According to the pictures it's #9141430292 with a build date of 4/71. It comes with a '74 parts car: ebay 914/6.

Skip
914rrr
Sixer has wrong front bumper and wrong passenger seat. Wonder why they were changed?
spare time toys
Anyone here going to bid? idea.gif Im just in the thinking about bidding stage. But I wont drive the price up if anyone else realy wants it.
dekman
Go for it! sawzall-smiley.gif I did one already....this looks like more than I could handle. welder.gif
JoeSharp
Somebody save this -6. I would have to fetch it with Moncha at about $.50 a mile it would be tough.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
hydroliftin
A real Flintstone-mobile. I hope someone rescues it.
vanaman
if i had the money that would be an awesome project for me. specially since im local.

and for anyone wondering hillard is a subburb of columbus.

steve
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Nov 26 2006, 11:58 AM) *

Somebody save this -6. I would have to fetch it with Moncha at about $.50 a mile it would be tough.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

cheaper to ship
rick 918-S
Hey Larry, Is that your bid? I'm thinking about bidding if your not on it. If I bid I won't do it until the last second though.
smontanaro
I'm not going to bid on it, but I would appreciate hearing from the successful bidder. Sounds like it will be a project worth watching.

Skip
spare time toys
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 26 2006, 07:39 PM) *

Hey Larry, Is that your bid? I'm thinking about bidding if your not on it. If I bid I won't do it until the last second though.

I cant do it so go fer it beerchug.gif I PMd you the details.
GaroldShaffer
I hope someone here gets it. If I didn't already have the 71 911 T project I would be all over this, only 5 hours from my house.
rick 918-S
I spoke to the owner. It's rusted through the rear body panel and through the battery tray, down through the right long. the motor is seized and has been since he's owned the car for the past 7/8 yrs. parts car had a fire and has rust through the center tunnel, right rear corner and other places but may have useable long on the right side. Most likely not..... more work to section a used and questionable part in this area only to have to repair it again in a couple of years.
GaroldShaffer
sad.gif
1bad914
I saw this and wondered if it was worth it, it's only a few hours from me. The end value justifies the purchase, but do I want another total project. Thinking of bidding, but I'm on the fence. If someone really wants this then I will stay out of it, if not then I will see what happens. Current price would be a steal.

Rick, you still interested?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(1bad914 @ Nov 27 2006, 09:07 AM) *

I saw this and wondered if it was worth it, it's only a few hours from me. The end value justifies the purchase, but do I want another total project. Thinking of bidding, but I'm on the fence. If someone really wants this then I will stay out of it, if not then I will see what happens. Current price would be a steal.

Rick, you still interested?

I'm watching it. After talking to the owner I wouldn't want it if it get too much higher. It is a six but it needs everything restored or replaced. Body is rotted and damaged, Engine is seized, exhaust is rusted out, it's been sitting outside and sounds like it was uncovered for 7/8 years at least in an unfriendly climate. Look at the hole through the windsheld where the vin. is... I guess the car wasn't as tough when he purchased it. The present condition is the result of the current owners care. Lets be real, every 6 may be worth saving some day. But you still need to watch what you pay and remember we are our own best salesmen. No one can convince us that things are better than they really are like we can do to ourselves. blink.gif
1bad914
I'm with you Rick. I'll watch it, but would not pay to much more, it is a total basket case! I am learning with age that I don't need these things I want them, the level of blindness to the actual condition of some of these cars changes with want and need! smile.gif Plus my wife keeps me in check, she always says go ahead and buy it, but just think about it at least 24 hours before you pull the trigger, that advice has saved me a lot of head ache.
grantsfo
About the only thing I could see coming from this is an altruistic, but very expensive attempt to save an original 914-6 tub.

On a totally seperate note I like this exotic 1974 914-6.

http://www.chooseyouritem.com/exotics/file...500/154900.html
type47
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 27 2006, 10:27 AM) *

i bet it's really a 2.0L -4. look at the wheels, it still has 4 lug wheels..... just a guess..
watsonrx13
I've been watching this also. I can't convince the wife to let me bid on it, but if I did, I'd let ya'll know...

BTW, does anyone know what the reserve price is?

-- Rob
1bad914
Someone bid!
bd1308
Do I smell A SIX?
freezing14
I am the one bidding on it,, i like a challenge to restore ,,, my old 4 was as bad as that and i did it anyway
jhadler
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 27 2006, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 27 2006, 10:27 AM) *

i bet it's really a 2.0L -4. look at the wheels, it still has 4 lug wheels..... just a guess..

No guess, it's a 4. There's a link to look at additional pictures and there's the obligatory air cleaner box for a D-jet motor... And there's another shot of the instrument cluster and you can see the valet key in the ignition in the steering column...$17k? I know a car is always worth as much as some one is willing to pay, but really...

-Josh2
spare time toys
Just over an hour to go and its $2900 beerchug.gif Good luck Freezn biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Wife shut me down on the bidding. I'm closing on another lake property tomorrow. Can't have everything. Good luck with the bidding.
jd74914
All I can say is damn, that car went high beer3.gif
Just sold on e bay $5766.00,I think thats alot for a project car in that condition. Any thoughts.....
G e o r g e
QUOTE(914 @ Nov 28 2006, 06:41 PM) *

Just sold on e bay $5766.00,I think thats alot for a project car. Any thoughts..

i new it would go crasy at the end, but 5.8K whew blink.gif

So is the new york buyer a Non-Member? ph34r.gif
smontanaro
Note the ebay moniker of the buyer: "unobtanium-inc". Obviously been around 'spensive Porsches for awhile. smile.gif

Skip
rick 918-S
Turns out the wife was going to surprise me and buy the car. I told her earlier today what my top bid would be. She was watching it and saw it go over my top bid price before she even entered her bid. So, it wasn't me that got it. Someone with parts will build it and drive it or do ok on resale.
jd74914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 28 2006, 11:33 PM) *

Turns out the wife was going to surprise me and buy the car. I told her earlier today what my top bid would be. She was watching it and saw it go over my top bid price before she even entered her bid. So, it wasn't me that got it. Someone with parts will build it and drive it or do ok on resale.

Wow, that would have been a really cool surprise.

My Dad an I were watching it and looking at bidding, but 5K is too much for us. I'd be cheaper and less time for us to convert one of ours, though having a real /6 would be wicked cool. Too bad it went for so much, it looks like a fairly straight forward project. My /4 had rust like that biggrin.gif
1bad914
I was surprised when I saw the price. I would have never paid that much for that car! Money could be made on it, but you will have to spend a lot to make a little.
Unobtanium-inc
I got it. Coming from a 356 background the rust is not so bad. I will have to learn how to re-build a six, but I figure it can't be that much harder than a 4.

Considering my 60 Roadster 88661 was in two pieces when I got it, this one does not look so daunting.
Expect to hear a lot from me in the coming months, I am VERY active in the 356 community and hope to become just as active in the 914 world. You can check out some of my writings in the 356 Registry Magazine and Excellence Magazine. I write a monthly column for the Registry and have a cool article in the current issue of Excellence on America Roadster #12371.

Happy Holidays-
Adam Wright
63 Coupe 212104
60 Roadster 88661
71 914/6 9141430292
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Nov 29 2006, 09:26 AM) *

I got it. Coming from a 356 background the rust is not so bad. I will have to learn how to re-build a six, but I figure it can't be that much harder than a 4.

Considering my 60 Roadster 88661 was in two pieces when I got it, this one does not look so daunting.
Expect to hear a lot from me in the coming months, I am VERY active in the 356 community and hope to become just as active in the 914 world. You can check out some of my writings in the 356 Registry Magazine and Excellence Magazine. I write a monthly column for the Registry and have a cool article in the current issue of Excellence on America Roadster #12371.

Happy Holidays-
Adam Wright
63 Coupe 212104
60 Roadster 88661
71 914/6 9141430292

Congrats on the purchase and welcome.png
ptravnic
Adam - where in NY are you? We've got a decent Northeast contingent
freezing14
I am sad that i did not get it as i was bidding too, but at least its going to a good home where it will be restored,, welcome.png

mine look like ,, i had to redo the long , a lot easier with the floor completely out
rick 918-S
Nice score. Glad to see it is in competent hands. The present owner let this poor car sit in the driveway for 7/8 years. Post the details for us. welcome.png
1970 Neun vierzehn
I've seen 356s far worse than the /6 on eBay brought back, so that a fellow Porsche enthusiast with 356 experience got the car and can restore it to its former self should not surprise. I'm happy another 914 is retrieved and saved clap56.gif

Adam, welcome.png , good to have you with us.
Unobtanium-inc
This one will be moth balled for a few years in Upstate NY. I am knee deep into my Roadster right now, but I could not say no to the 914/6.

I will probably start the resto in the Spring but it will be a diversion from the other car, so it will be a slow go. But if I had no Porsches to tinker on I am sure I would spend a lot more on therapy, right?

This 914/6 is to replace the car that I sold last month, Speedster 80244, the 43rd Speedster of regular production. It was worth a lot more sold than sitting in my garage. Here is a pic.

Happy Holidays-
Adam
63 Coupe 212104
60 Roadster 88661
71 914/6 9141430292
Eric Taylor
QUOTE(freezing14 @ Nov 29 2006, 10:19 AM) *

I am sad that i did not get it as i was bidding too, but at least its going to a good home where it will be restored,, welcome.png

mine look like ,, i had to redo the long , a lot easier with the floor completely out

Is that car the one that was found under a tree off the side of a road in texas? I always wondered what happened to that car. Got to rich for my blood kinda like this car if I remember right. If it is do you have more pics?
Eric
freezing14
it is in deed the car that was found under a tree in texas, its solid now,, apparently it was a coast car and do you know what happen on the coast of texas every 20 years,,, a hurricane flood,, when i dissasembled the car i found seashells in the long and in the engine( at least the case is good so the number still match) a colony of fire ants in the cabin behind the back pad ( tank god for the cold canadian winter) and lizzard eggs in the carbs!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.