Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look out North Carolina and Eastern TN teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brett W
A friend of mine is bringing his baby home to Durham NC tomorrow. He is leaving from Hunstville, AL in the morning and traveling up through Cleveland, TN and through the Ocoee/ Natahala area. So if you spot a red teener, give a wave.

JPB
smilie_pokal.gif
Richard Casto
QUOTE(Brett W @ Nov 26 2006, 02:10 AM) *

A friend of mine is bringing his baby home to Durham NC tomorrow.

If he doesn't already know, point out this thread to him. All of the 914 owners in his area are trying to setup a local support network...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...c=62587&hl=
Brett W
Done. He just called and said he lost the starter side of the ignition switch. With no tools he will try push starting. If need be I will be driving up to bring aid.
maf914
QUOTE(Brett W @ Nov 26 2006, 10:28 AM) *

He just called and said he lost the starter side of the ignition switch.

That sounds like a typical failure. I've replaced the white nylon plastic portion of the ignition switch twice in the past. The failure symptoms were an increasing reluctance to start with the switch in the start position and when it would fire the engine would die when the key position returned to the ignition position.
RON S.

Me thinks some one is gonna take a ride on the "Tail Of The Dragon"on his way thru. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif driving.gif

ron
Brett W
well he made it home safely. The car is tucked in its garage. He just left the car running while he filled up, so he didn't have to push start it again. Yeah I figure that switch is going out again. I replaced it a few years ago. I told him to run a new heavier gauge wire for the starter and replace the switch. He should be good to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.