Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Northeast Wrenching...i mean...sanding/scraping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
i love porsche
so...the winter is coming..and i havent worked on my car in aeons....i was wondering (ray) if theres any time in the next month or so (or even after christmas, i know the holidays are hectic) that i could bring my car to movietime.

i want to get the underbody stripped and painted, and maybe do some bodywork while its there....having an indoor place to work is a real luxury for me, and i would love to take advantage of it if i could

so what do you guys say, up for another project? (shorter this time)
rmital
hey Aaron...Pete will probably be picking up the green 914 next weekend. It'll be a good reason to meet over there for some work.

let me figure out the schedule (basketball) with my kids and I'll let you know.
Dr Evil
I can stop by sometime after the 14th of Dec to the 27th biggrin.gif
Leo Imperial
I will also have a short leave at that time. I am leaving my job on Dec 15th and start a new one Jan 1st. idea.gif
ptravnic
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Nov 27 2006, 08:59 AM) *

I will also have a short leave at that time. I am leaving my job on Dec 15th and start a new one Jan 1st. idea.gif

Tis the season for leaving jobs! Friday is my last day (they don't know that yet). I'm hoping to pick up the green machine sometime Fri afternoon...

-pt
i love porsche
sounds good....I was thinking about what needed to be done and this is what i came up with, in order

-install engman stiffening kit, car needs to be off the ground with doorgap adjusters in place

-refinish underbody/wheel wells/engine bay of car. this will be done after the welding, because the heat from the welding will cause the paint to drip otherwise, and this will all be much easier with the lift

-if there is time after this is all done, some body work could take place to prepare for primer and paint
nycchef
wow thought everyone was asleep for the winter. my car is in storage but i'll come and hang out.
i love porsche
sounds good rich, we can have some comic relief
rmital
QUOTE(nycchef @ Nov 27 2006, 02:08 PM) *

wow thought everyone was asleep for the winter....

...no sleeping yet...just lots of driving. The past few weekends have been great! was nice enough to do some work in the driveway this past Sunday too. POR15ing...having access to the lift is definitely better....more on the car and less on me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.