Well, with BJ's assistance we pulled the engine and we (mostly he) replaced some of the seals in question. As he was leaving, we noticed we weren't going to get everything back in place and we decided to take our time and do things "right."

That was two weeks ago. The past 2 weeks I've been stuck with all kinds of exciting challenges and a slight case of Dirk Wright's disease:

So far, this is what I've accomplished:

1) Painted engine bay black
2) Put engine back in the car (without carbs yet)
3) Replaced rear calipers and stainless steel lines. Broke one of the hard steel lines so I replaced both of them as well.
4) Extreme cleaning of the tranny engine, engine compartment and removed parts.

Things still left to do:

1) Replace hard and brittle plastic fuel line inside engine compartment (it broke while I was trying to check it.
2) Install carbs and linkage
3) Obtain e-brake clip (I seem to have misplaced one) and replace all caliper hardware (might as well, while I'm in there)
4) Set vent clearance for rear brakes
5) Replace front brake hoses with SS braided lines
6) Bleed brakes and replace fluid with Super ATE Blue
7) Re-Pack and reinstall CV Joints with new gaskets ( I would have gotten this sooner, but the bird took its time sending the CV Joint grease and shifter cover part of Dirk Wright's disease)
8) Reinstall transmission linkage
9) Order new dizzy from Jake? Still trying to decide on this particular Dirk Wright's choice.

I'm sure I'll think of a few more things to do. Hopefully I'll have most of this done over the week, gearing for a Saturday "firing up and tune-up ceremony" Anybody up for some burgers? jsharp.gif